Chapter 17

Kate's Pov

I quickly exit the elevator and run outside my butt hurt so much. I ran out of there so quickly that I failed to think 'How am I getting home?'. Fuck it, I'll walk. I was filled with so much anger and resentment towards Jane. I don't want to see her face, I don't want her anywhere near me. I then heard the door open. I turned around expecting to see Jane but instead it was Taylor.

"Shall I take you home Ms. Williams? It's dangerous to walk around at this hour of the night" Says Taylor.

"Did Jane ask you to take me home?" I ask sniffing.

"No ma'am" He says as he leads me to the car.

I sit in the car as Taylor took me to my apartment. I hurry up the stairs and bust open the door not even noticing Candice and Stefan were having sex on the couch again. I didn't bother making any snark remarks, I just headed straight to my room and slammed it shut as I dive into bed. Candice then knocked and came in.

"Are you okay Mikey?" She asks with a worried look on her face.

"Jane is an asshole" I sniff.

"What did she do?" She asks.

"Something I'll never forgive her for" I say as she hugs me.

I eventually fall asleep, I didn't even take my dress off. I awoke the next day with my butt still in pain. Maybe I should get Dr. Collins to take a look at it just in case? I take my clothes off and head to the shower, it was 9AM. I run the water, I completely forgot we don't have a water heater... I could feel the blood stains on my ass as I wince as the water hit it and began crying in the shower. Seemed like it took a while but I finally finished and headed outside to see Candice with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Rocket fuel Kate?" She says as she hands me a cup.

"Thank you" I smile as I take it.

"You hit aunt Martinez?" She says as she sips her coffee.

"What? How did you know that?" I ask.

"Stefan.. His mother is still quite furious" Says Candice. I was then quiet as I sip my coffee. Mrs. Sparks probably hates me right now.

"Kate you're the type of person that won't do something like that without a reason to. What's going on?" She asks.

"She's a vile and evil women" I say as I shudder.

"Care to elaborate?" She asks.

"Not right now, I don't want to think about that right now" I sigh.

"What happened between you and Jane?" She asks.

"We're through" I say.

"Are you okay?" She asks as she comes closer.

"Oh yeah I'm fine" I smile.

"These came for you this morning" She says as she points at a bouquet of roses on the table.

~I'm sorry~ Jane Connor.

I pick the flowers up and sigh, I head straight to the bin to drop them in.

"Stop!" Says Candice.

"What? Why?" I say confused.

"Just leave them there. Don't throw them away" Says Candice.

"I don't want to see them. I don't want another reminder of Jane" I say.

"Name on someone that has ever brought you roses Kate" She says as I sigh. I do as she says and rest the roses back on the table.

"I'm gonna head out" I say as I look for my car keys.