Chapter 31

Kate's Pov

It was about 8AM. I took a quick shower and headed out. I headed to the library to kill some time before my meeting. I headed straight out. I didn't bother to tell Jane I was going, she seemed to be in an entirely different world at the moment. This rage mood she was in, I wanted no part of it.

I head to Starbucks and had a cup of coffee. I decided to stay at Starbucks, I mean who doesn't like free Wi-Fi? There was an online book I was reading. It was a really good book, it had me on the edge of my seat, it was a gay love story, I always wondered how the author could make the age difference of the protagonists so far apart but I guess age could never define true love could it? I continue to read the book as I was on the edge of my seat.

I was so lost in the book that I didn't notice it was already 9:40AM. I put my phone away and rush to Diamond Star. I hurried to the secretary as she gave me directions to Leo's office. I hurry along and open the door.

"You're 10 minutes late" Says Leo as he folds his arms.

"I'm sorry Leo" I say out of breath.

"That's Mr. Atlas" He says to me.

"I apologise for being late Mr. Atlas" I say.

I then notice Josh and Adelyn in the office as Adelyn gave me the death stare.

"Adelyn" Says Leo.

"Do I really have to apologise?" Says Adelyn as she rolls her eyes.

"Yes" Says Leo as he sits on top his desk.

"I've been here for so long and not once have you judged my reasons or actions" Says Adelyn.

"As your boss. I'm commanding you to aplogize" Says Leo.

"Fine.... I'm sorry Kat" Says Adelyn as Josh sighs.

"Good. Is that okay with you Kat?" Says Leo.

"My name isn't Kat" I say.

"It's not?" Says Leo.

"Her name is Kate" Says Josh giving Leo the death stare.

"Right Kate" Says Leo.

"Can I go back to work now? There's a deadline coming up boss" Says Adelyn.

"Sure. Take Kate with you" Says Leo.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Says Adelyn as she sighs.

"Take her with you" Says Leo.

"Come Kate" Says Adelyn as she glares at me.

We then head down to the Sales Department as Adelyn was quiet the entire time. The elevator door opened as everyone looked at me confused.

"Go help them" She says she points to a group of three.

I head over to them but they didn't maintain eye contact with me. There were two guys and a girl there. I just stood there as the continued doing what they were doing.

"Hey. I'm Ricardo" Says one of the guys as he gets up.

"I'm Kate" I say as I shake his hand.

"We're the promo team, we help with all the promotional stuff regarding new books. Our job is to promote the book as much as possible as well as book Author events and book signings" He says.

"That sounds like fun" I smile.

"Diamond Star is publishing a new book called Key of the Stary Heavens, come you can sit to me and I'll walk you through it" Says Ricardo.