Chapter 87

Kate's Pov

Next day

I've been in this basement for God knows how long and Adelyn still didn't came back to check up on me. I've been crying most of the time. I screwed up everything. Maybe she's trying to starve me to death. God knows how long does she plan on keeping me in this hell hole.

"ADELYN OPEN THE DAMN DOOR AND LET ME OUT. I'M SORRY PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR" I yelled as loud as I could. It was no use. She didn't show up, I didn't even hear footsteps nearby. There are two options 1. She's ignoring me or 2. She's not in the house.

Hold it Kate! Don't do it to yourself, you can do it, just go back to sleep.

I closed my eyes waiting for the sleep to take over me.

--------------------------------------

I've lost track of time. I'm pretty sure it has been two days and Adelyn didn't came once to look for me or nobody noticed that I've been missing. Maybe there's no way out of here. Maybe I have to accept my fate.

My stomach has been growling non-stop and my mouth is dry. I know I probably look like shit right now. I layed on the cold hard wood floor thinking of when am I going to get out of here. I never thought she could be this cruel. I would have never imagine. Maybe going to jail, brought back her worst side.

I heard something, making me jolt up off the ground. I looked in front of me to see a rat running across the room. It stopped then came running towards me making me scream. I backed up to the wall until I couldn't move any further. The rat ran by my feet making me scream even louder.

"What the hell are you screaming for?" Adelyn came through the door rubbing her eyes. She probably just woke up.

"There was a rat in the room. Please get me out of here. I want to take a shower" I requested her. She slowly walked towards me before unlocking the chain from around my wrist.

"Don't even think about running" She warned and dragged me out of the room. We walked up a couple of stairs before stopping at the door. I should run to the front door but not eating for two days has made me too weak to try to fight her. She'll probably catch me and lock me in the basement again.

"Go take you a bath" She opened the door. I quickly got inside and locked the door. I looked around to see if there was any windows so I could escape. I wasn't trying to stay here for the rest of my life.   I realized there was no windows. I felt disappointed and started stripping out my clothes. I looked myself in the mirror to see I had tear stains down my cheeks. My wrist was bruised like I said.

I turned on the shower until it was steaming hot. I took my hair out of ponytail before stepping in. After I scrubbed my body, I washed my hair before stepping out, cutting off the water. I wrapped a towel around my body. I looked in the mirror and started combing my hair back, I was going to let my hair air dry.

"Hurry up" I heard banging on the door. I rolled my eyes opening the door slightly sticking my head out.

"I don't have any clothes remember" I said sarcastically eyeing her as she leaned against the wall. She stared at me for a while before nodding her head walking away. Before I could even close the door she came back with clothes handing them to me. I shut the door dropping the towel around me and slid on the black t-shirt and panties. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror before stepping out.

"Come on" Adelyn grabbed my hand leading me to that stupid basement.

"No I don't want to go back there" I whined trying to pull my arm out of her tight grip. I couldn't go back in there especially after that rat incident. She continued dragging me ignoring my whining. Once we got to the dark basement she opened the door trying to push me in but I wrapped my arms around her holding on as tight as I can.

"Let go off me" She tried to get me off of her but I didn't let go.

"No. Please don't make me go in there. I'll do anything" I said anything that first came to my mind. I think that's what she wanted to hear anyway because I could see a smirk plastered on her face.

"Anything?" She asked biting her lips. I immediately regretted what I said but I still nodded my head. She chuckled before turning around with me still wrapped around her closing the door.

"Kiss me" She said catching me off guard. I felt like vomiting. I didn't want to kiss her. She is a evil person.

"I don't want to kiss you" I said honestly.

"So you wanna go back into the dark basement filled with rats?" She said with the same big smirk on her face.

"It's your choice" She shrugged her shoulders.

I sighed turning around giving myself a moment and think about it properly. She'll probably leave me in the basement for days to die. But I can't die. I have to get out of here. For that I need to do what she wants.. 

"Fine.. I'll kiss you" She pulled me towards her smashing her lips on mine. She was being very aggressive she slid her tongue across my bottom lip asking me for an entrance but I kept my mouth closed.

Her hands traveled to my ass before squeezing it hard making me gasp. She took this as her chance to slide her tongue into my mouth exploring it. I pulled away after a while to catch my breath.

"Now let's get you something to eat" She smiled and pulled me in another direction away from the basement that I hated so much. I signed in relief. At least I don't have to go back in there. We walked down the long hallway. Maybe this would be my chance for me to escape.

We went to the kitchen and I saw a box of pizza.

"Eat" She said and went out of the kitchen. I sighed nervously and sat on the chair to eat the pizza.

After like 25 minutes or something I finished eating and went to get myself a glass of water.

I was pouring the water in the glass that was in my hand when I felt her strong hands wrap around my back making me scream in surprise as I dropped the glass. My hands went to my heart. I felt her kissing my neck.

"I'm sorry for locking you in the basement baby. I know you're mad at me but that doesn't mean I can't hug what's mine" I turned around in her arms to face her while my back was facing the counter.

"Please don't hate me, I'm doing it for you, for us. You don't understand how much I love you" I saw there were tears in her eyes as she hugged me tightly.

"I... I don't hate you" I said and she looked at me in disbelief and I saw her beautiful hazel eyes shining.

"You don't? After I kidnapped you, after all I did to you, you don't hate me?" She asked above a whisper as she wiped her tears away.

"No, I don't. I just don't wanna be with you anymore. Yes, I fall in love with you at some point but now I don't feel that love anymore. It was gone long ago. That's when I realized I only love Jane. Jane and I are married. I love her, I can never be yours again" Adelyn backed away from me, tears falling from her face.

"It doesn't matter if you're married to her. She manipulated you into the marriage. But I can fix you" Adelyn breathing quickened. Her eyes burned with rage. She punched the wall behind her.

"Adelyn, I'm a married woman now.. I belong to Jane. Please let me go" I tried to convince her but she walked back up to me taking my face in her hands. The look in her eyes changed to something I have never seen from her, darkness.

"You only need to get your mind straight, think properly and I'll help you do that. Jane isn't the right person for you. She's nothing but a sadist who enjoys torturing people. She doesn't love you she only loves your body. AND YOU need to see THAT. I'll make sure that you do. As soon as you realize, we are getting married" She exclaims as she let go of my face. I stand there, shaking in fear.