How to be a Proper King

in a room that seems like a schoolroom, Alcaeus has a student who asked to be taught what it mean's to be a proper king, and Alcaeus is teaching Artoria Lily this lesson.

Alcaeus:" ready little one"

Artoria Lily:" Ready"

Alcaeus:" alright then, let's begin, firstly, what is a king's main job in the first place, and many get this wrong"

Artoria Lily:" to ensure their kingdom survives"

Alcaeus:" wrong"

Artoria Lily:" what, but a king need's to keep his kingdom from despair, isn't that the duty of a king"

Alcaeus:" while that is one of their job's, that's not the main job, their main job is to ensure their people have a future where they can be happy and healthy but also stand on their own 2 feet and be able to handle themselves, now, this doesn't mean you should disregard the people's will entirely to ensure order, I mean, yes, you need rules and regulation's, but only when they are properly enforced and made for the time and place specifically, only then do they work out as intended, as well as be just and fair to all no matter status, and the rules need to change with the times, and you need the people to be alive as well so they can grow and develop the society and world as time goes by, so never do anything that the Lion King would think is right, she was trying to keep thing's the same forever which is stagnation, and that is proof you failed as a king, when you are no longer progressing, as such, you need to ensure your people are given a future where they can stand on their own feet, like how Iskandar did with his people, strong independence and a strong drive to want to grow, not being overreliance on the king or any one thing, everything should be a convenience, not a dependence"

Artoria Lily:" that sound's confusing"

Alcaeus:" who said being a proper king was supposed to be easy, being king doesn't mean you have an easy life, being a king doesn't make thing's black and white overnight, being king means you're setting yourself to a life of hard work which may inevitably end up in failure and flames, lose everything and everyone who was near you, and die a horrible death, that is the fate of many who take the crown who make an impact, which makes the next step, the step you failed in your life in that much more critical, finding time to yourself and relax, let loose, hell, strip completely naked and yell out your window to the top of your lungs... I did that one time, it does a lot more than you think"

Artoria Lily:" wait, that contradicts what you said about needing to work hard"

Alcaeus:" is it actually contradicting my words little one"

Artoria Lily:" what"

Alcaeus:" you think you're working 24/7 as king, no, you only work for a select amount of hour's a day and sometimes have day's if not weeks to yourself at a time when you do your job right, I worked a whole month, and had 11 month's off more times than I can count, that's when it's most critical to be able to unwind, relax, and be able to let loose every now and again, find enjoyment where it can be found, and be able to smile even if for no reason, it actually benefits your people and soldier's morale if their king can show humanity and be happy from time to time, if you can express emotion's of joy and happiness every now and again even for no reason, the people around you will feel more at ease, emotions are contagious after all, why do you think people following me look so happy"

Artoria Lily:" that does make sense, Bedivere was like that when I showed him my smile, though, that was a rare time I did, and it made him sad"

Alcaeus:" the fact he memorized a smile to an extent show's how badly you did this step, your men should have many account's of your joy, not spars bit's of moment's, you fail badly in this and you will improve on this, your human after all, and if you aren't human, you can't be a king of people since you have to be human above all else, do I make myself clear"

Artoria Lily:" yes, only man can rule over man, the gods and the like that aren't man have no place to rule us since they cannot understand what it is we truly need and desire, not want and are forced to accept"

Alcaeus:" good, now for the next step, humility, Artoria, do you know that too much humility is actually worse than having too little humility"

Artoria Lily:" really, I thought you can never be too humble"

Alcaeus:" oh no no no, there are just some thing's you just can't overlook or accept, take your marriage with Guinevere for example, why did you accept it if you didn't love her, it's mocking marriage as a whole to marry not out of love, but out of obligation"

Artoria Lily:" but... it was my duty as king-"

Alcaeus:" NONSENSE, A KING DOESN'T GO AROUND DOING THING'S PEOPLE TELL HIM TO DO TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY, A KING DOES WHAT HE DOES BECAUSE IT'S WHAT HE KNOW'S IS RIGHT FOR HIS PEOPLE, HIS KINGDOM, AND THE WORLD, HE DOESN'T GO AROUND TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE, HE WILL PISS ON THE WORLD IF IT MEAN'S HIS PEOPLE CAN FLOURISH, AND VISE VERSA, if you didn't want to marry someone, you're not obligated to do so, or else it would cause many problems later on not only for you, but everyone around you later on"

Artoria Lily:" I get your point, and know from history your right"

Alcaeus:" now then, onto the next step, knowing who to have next to you, contrary to what you may think, it's actually best to have people who will stand against you than those who are most loyal to you"

Artoria Lily:" wait, why" 

Alcaeus:" if you're knight's are truly loyal to you, they'd stand against you when you're wrong instead of helping you continue to make a mistake you are making to prevent you from doing anything stupid and idiotic for terrible reason's and justifications"

Artoria Lily:"... I get it, like what Bedivere and Lancelot later on did with the Lion King"

Alcaeus:" it's always safe to assume you're wrong since you can't trust yourself above all, it's my defense mechanism that help's me... limit and contain my evil deeds, especially if you plan to get people killed, it's especially important to make sure someone has a knife at your throat to cut it when it is necessary"

Artoria Lily:"... even with everything working against me, for someone who is a form of me to end up like that... and to even have some of my knight's support those action's"

Alcaeus:" then they were never truly loyal to you to begin with"

Artoria Lily:"  I guess your right, but still, they talked about loyalty, but weren't they betraying me in a far worse way than if they just rebelled against me"

Alcaeus:" they didn't follow the lion king out of obligation or believing in what she was doing, it was out of regret more than anything, each of them wanted a second chance to serve their king once more, they didn't care what it was or what they had to do, their only driving force was their regret's in life, regret's you installed into all of them"

Artoria Lily:" that only makes it more sad to have followed her then... what is my nature, my true nature, you know my reason to exist more than anyone, why did the world make me"

Alcaeus:"... even I'm not willing to be that cruel to you, just leave it be"

Alcaeus's thought's:" yes, your true nature is killing innocent's no matter what you decide to do, your entire birth was to rid the kingdom of Camalot of it's people and ensure it's fall, that's why you allowed your knights to pillage and murder every single man, woman, and child in your own kingdom in the end, it was just your nature to kill innocent's, it's sad that was why you were born, the only reason you were born, and it's a curse that effect's you even to this day, but with your current condition with Ritsuka, that should be stopped since you're not making the shot's anymore... yes, this is the only way to escape your fate"

Alcaeus:" anyway, did you learn a lot"

Artoria Lily:" I think I still have a lot left to learn"

Alcaeus:" well that's all for today, get going, and remember, if you think you're right Artoria, you're 9.99 time's out of 10 not and actually wrong"

Artoria Lily:"... I'll just let master make all my choices from now on"

Alcaeus:" THAT'S THE SPIRIT, GOOD JOB"

Alcaeus may have wanted to hurt Artoria, but even he will never tell Artoria her real reason for the world to have made her the way she was, he was not that heartless to crush any and all hope in her... at least just yet anyway.