Chapter 38

"What is this?" She asked, but scanned the book anyway. "Two-Faced Queen?"

I went closer to her and looked at the pages as she flipped it page to page. "That's her favorite book. For some unknown reason, she gave it to me as a keepsake."

I took her with me and look for places that I think I haven't explored yet inside our home.

I don't feel like going outside, I don't even had an idea which place we should hang out again.

If it's about writing a school article, I don't have the inspiration to do it. Let's just say, I have a writer's block.

She invited me out that I can't refuse, and she also don't have any plans on which place to go. That's how I suggested to say at home, she responded that it was a good idea.

I had to say, I also don't have any idea on what we'll do if we stayed indoors. So for starters, I took her in every room, introducing every stuff animals I own also the things at home with a sentimental value.

And that is how we got in here, the things I keep in hiding just right inside where grandpa's belongings are kept.

"Her? You mean your childhood friend who looked like me?" She asked, closing the book and went to read the prologue of the story. "I understand why she liked it, but for a child to like a novel? I thought children prefers to read a book with lots of pictures in it."

"Wow, you know a lot about children."

"Not really, you know me," she says, skimming through the pages. "I'm trying to understand every individuals, especially their interest. Who knows what benefit it could give."

And you know? How that sounds wrong? (¬_¬)

"Can you leave that mind of yours that only thinks business?"

"My whole brain only contained that kind of mindset, so how can I leave it be?"

"Instead of studying psychology, I suggest you to go see a psychiatrist immediately." I wanted to say that, but I don't want to be so rude. (─ ─ )

A piece of paper fluttered off the book that she picked it up and read it.

"Perfume," she read.

"Oh, that? It was supposed to be her topic in an article, but she discarded it. That I guessed, it will be controversial biography that can cause possible conflict, that's why she dropped it," I explained.

If my mind serves me right, Miki wanted to write an article about the girl she met back when we were tasked by the school to interview the examiners of the chunin exam.

Perfume: A Chalice of Memories

Well, you know? Nothing is more memorable than the smell.

She also had an option of bottle of memories instead of chalice. But she choose chalice, because it was something a person used to drink. Not just a person, but important person.

And if a person drinks a perfume, it'll get poisoned.

Feel free to applaud her creativity. ( ̄  ̄ ٥)

Don't ask me if I knew what she wrote, I haven't read it myself, but she had told me about it.

Again, it was about the girl she met on the chunin exam, who has a sad past. She and her mom has nowhere to go, and on the village where they resides. The villagers took advantage of them and used them as a medical base at war because of their unique ability as their payment for letting them live in their village. Her mother died, because of exhaustion by pouring her chakra nonstop and possibly that their unique prowess will also affects their life force. And because her mother died, she was the one who was used as an exchange.