Chapter 43

"The client was satisfied with the service. Well done," she says as she was looking over the papers where the reports were written.

"Thank you, lady hokage," says the team's leader as the genin members had bowed their heads.

"If I just knew that you went to the ceramics village, I may have dispatched your team to do what you can assist. I didn't have guessed."

"Well, actually─uhmpf!"

The hokage turned her eyes on the group who's in front of her, having their reports submitted to her and giving a further detail orally. "Is there something else that I needed to know?" She asked that the two boys whom she was waiting to say something had stayed quiet so her gaze landed to Yumi which she thought maybe she can explain things to her.

"Yumi? Is something that matter?" Asked Shizune.

"I'm just tired, I had to go," she says flatly and immediately turned her heels and went to the door then left that all they did was to watch her.

"Is she that drained from the mission?" The hokage asked in wonder that the cute pig in the office, Tonton, had made a cute sound as it's response to second what she just said. "I was about to inform the team that they're qualified to enter the chunin exams."

"Really?!" The two remaining genins on the office, beamed in excitement from hearing what she had uttered that made her attention turn to them.

"The chunin exams was still undecided to where it will be it's venue. From the last two years it was held in the sand village. Furthermore, the sand village was still recovering from the sudden attack and kidnapping of their kazekage by the Akatsuki," she informed that she do understand why they are excited about it that she's sure that they aren't listening.

It's their first time to get a chance to try out the exam anyway and everyone had gone through that phase. She turned her eyes towards their jounin, Keisuke, who was been so quiet.

"When was the day of the chunin exam?" Asked Kyousuke who's obviously the most excited.

"It'll probably months away," their sensei had answered.

"Then that means, there's plenty of time to train," says the one who's very composed member of the team, Hiro.

She closed her eyes and shrugged it off. There's one person she had in mind right now.

Yumi.

It may not appear that way, but she always had a place in her mind. She may lack maternal affection towards her that she may consider herself as a failure when it comes to parenting, but she was trying at least to show that she worries about her.

She only doesn't want anyone to think that there's a biased going on, now that its almost everyone knew that she had an adopted a child from the orphanage from getting a liking to her. And that also made her hurt on the part that Yumi was possibly thinking that she had taken her in for her own personal gain.

"I only wanted to help her achieve what she can reach with her talents and nothing else," she told to herself in her thoughts once again that it had been the same voice she had to whisper to herself whenever she think of her adopted child.

Hiro's father was a distant relative of hers, and so did to Kyousuke. And Keisuke whom she personally picked to be the jounin who'll handle the team for the thought that Keisuke and Yumi would do fine by relating to each other since they both came from the same orphanage.

She had picked the team carefully, now she worries that Yumi may take it as she wanted to keep an eye on whatever she'll do.

Also the letters she had sent from the outside of the village, she was thinking if Yumi was thinking she's under supervision. But she's the hokage, and the whole village was all under her wing, not just Yumi. She can't see any reasons possible to why would she let her off the hook with the laws of the village just because she's now a daughter of the hokage.