Chapter 48

"I'm sure I had followed the instructions step by step."

I rubbed off the sleepiness in my eyes as I walked to the kitchen, half-awake. I mean, I had to force myself to do it now that I don't expect someone will cook food for me and for everyone else. But I don't expect someone to wake up ahead of her. It took her a good ten seconds before it got processed on her brain that someone was standing in there, near the stove, staring intently on the pack of ramen.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Naruto-nii-chan says that it is important to eat ramen. And that's what I'm trying to do here," he explained, but his eyes was still on the package.

It's just instant ramen. It would only take you a three minutes to cook it. (─ ─ )

"Why am I seeing black smoke?"

He looked over the casserole for once then again on the package. "Maybe that's normal."

I turned my heels and find my way back to the stairs to ascend to the second floor of the house.

"Where are you going?"

"Just going to check on our son," I said.

It's just four o'clock in the morning, I don't want to deal with this.

I don't want to burn his confidence along with the ramen that he was trying to cook that I had no idea why is even burning?

If it's over cooked, the noodles are supposed to go limp and soggy, not burnt.

"At least say something about the food."

At least he tried cooking. Mistakes are the best mentor.

I opened the door where Kyo had his room, he was still covered in sheets, sleeping like a child he was.

The house where we are set to play houses, where there's a roleplaying going on, a mom, a dad and their child, has two floors.

We still have our privacy which we stayed in our choice of rooms.

On our first day, we had spend the day decorating the child's room. I'm still drained of energy that my body still demands for more rest. Probably that would also make Konohamaru too.

I just don't want to say a thing, not now that I just woke up and still tired. I'm afraid I might say the wrong words.

I am also worried to break his confidence if I said I'll do the cooking,  seeing him too serious on doing what he can't do.

Maybe we'll be eating something we haven't thought of eating in our life time. Then tell him that he shouldn't worry about who's cooking. I'll take over from now on and he should focus on training from time to time for the chunin exams.

See? I can just say something so humane than acting like a wild beast just because of the cook.

I'm very mature, I'm so proud of myself. ( ^◡^)

I went closer to Kyo's bed and tucked his blanket a little higher and brushed his hairs that covers his face.

Well, maybe thinking too much that I should act like an adult get the best of me, that is why I'm thinking too differently than the usual? (─ ─ ")

My mind can't keep its calm so I went back to the kitchen to see what was going on.

With a pot holders on his hand, he brought the casserole above the trivet on the table.

Maybe the black smoke came from high heat pressure. He had somehow find a way to save the soggy noodles by adding a clear bean noodle. He also adds a variety of vegetables, carrots and cabbage that was cut in an uneven cuts, but it was a good start.