Chapter 7

Ibiki Morino POV

"SENSEI! SENSEI! COME HERE! QUICK! I HAVE TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!" She called my attention at the top of her lungs.

"What is it now?" I asked lazily.

"SENSEI! COME OVER HEREEEE...!!!" she shouted, unknown to me if she really did heard that I said something.

I sighs and dragged my feet forcefully marched it and make it's way where she is, sitting near the swamp.

"COME HERE SENSEI! LOOK! ITS SO CUUUUUTTTTTEE!!!!!!" she shouted again calling my attention as she waved her hand behind, asking me to come over.

I stopped walking and stood behind her, "What is it?" I asked.

"Look at it, sensei! he's so cute!" she said pointing something on the water. "The worm is so cute, right sensei?"

A worm, eh? But since when did a worm become cute?

I tried to find that worm she's pointing in the water. I think she's referring to that black living thing there that is close to the entity she described, "That's a leech," I corrected, but then again, she was as if never heard me, and doing whatever had come in to her head.

"Don't touch that," I warned as she was attempting to pick it from the water.

She turned to me and gave me a bored look on her face, "Why?" She asked as if I had killed her fun.

"That was itchy," I answered.

Don't get me wrong for being stupid, I know that the leech is not itchy, but I told her that as an answer even if it's not possible to get itches on leeches.

There are a lot of reasons why I don't wan to tell her the real answer that is also why I warned her not to get it.

And just wow, did I heard it right? She called the leech, cute? (¯ ¯٥)

She must be leaping for joy if she found out what that leech could do.

Well, actually she's supposed to be studying to prepare for her academy entrance exam, but she says she was bored so she decided to go find serenity and went all the way to my office just to bother me with her complaints for being bored.

I've asked how the books and scrolls doing, are they fine?

And as a child in her age, I doubt she understand the sarcasm and responded a more of a joke answer. (ー_ー )

I've already finished my work in the office, and as her sensei, a job that was directed from the hokage's orders, I told her we're having a training. We were here at one of the training grounds with a pond, a perfect place to practice chakra control by walking on the surface of the water. This is the last phase of her training in chakra control.

I would prefer she should do it in a hot springs for her to take it seriously and concentrate on the matter at hand, but I would be harsh if I did that, right?

She was already done with the leaf concentration and the tree climbing and her last resort for the chakra control was the water surface walking.

I had to say that the Hokage was right, she's a fast learner. Everyone struggles at first, so did she. Only her determination made her able to do it at least half as easier than what supposed to be expected for a four year old to accomplish.

I allowed her to take a break for a while and look what she's doing. She was busy observing the leech.

"Look, sensei! He's going under the rock! We got to help him, sensei! He will die if he was under the rock!! He will die through suffocation─!"