-Chapter 36

My legs.

My legs are getting numb from sitting on the tatami mat in a heel position for almost an hour now I think.

It was a relief when the guidance officer came to his office after his class to the other level. But I thought wrong.

I expected him to let us stand up after kneeling on the mat as we wait for him, but he just stood in front of us.

"So?" He started with a sigh. "Where did she get that wound on her head?"

"W-well," I gulped. "It started with a simple talk..."

"Asakura-san, I would like to welcome you to our club once again," says Udon that's quite unusual for he isn't this lively like he should be when he's excited.

"We'll be working together as a group from now on," added Moegi and let out a soft satisfactory sigh. "It's like on a trip, going back from the past." And I wouldn't dare try to look what this past she's picturing in her head. I wanted to remind her what the three of us talked about it before we started this meeting. She had forgotten about it, but I'll just let that slip on my mind. It wasn't a sensitive sentence anyway.

"It's too formal," she responded sheepishly. "Just call me by my first name."

"No," he says, holding his hand to put a stop that I don't seem to understand what this meeting is going.

I mean, it would be understandable to give an orientation or a brief introduction of how our group operates on gathering information like how to approach someone, get permission to interview someone, what to ask and don't ask, things like that.

Udon pushed the frame of his eyeglass on the bridge of his nose that the glasses shines from reflection of the sunlight.

"I've done a little research about your background and I found out you aren't an ordinary person," he stated that made me tilt my head.

"Pardon?" I asked.

Udon let out a quiet chuckle and drew a smirk on his mouth. He must be proud of what information he had gathered from this research that he did by judging how he smiles right now.

Like he always do, he never let a simple information just slip right pass at him. He will gather all intel that he could no matter how small and trivial the matter is. He will connect all the broken pieces together in order to understand what the torn picture look like in one piece.

His curiosity will drive him everywhere. And that's the type of guy he is.

"Your name sounds odd, so I decided to put on a research in it," he said as his brief introduction on the topic he's unfolding.

"Sounds like it has something to do with history," I said. I'm just trying to stir up the topic, and hope my curiosity would come out with it.

"Like what I expect to you, Konohamaru-kun. You're sharp," Udon responded that put Moegi's excited mode turned on.

"What have you found out?" Moegi asked as her eyes literally sparkles.

Udon turned to face Yumi who was sitting quietly across him. "If it's alright to ask and to confirm what I found out. I wanted to ask a lot, but I summarized it and decided to ask few of the most important detail."

"Sure, fire away," she says blandly with no hint of enthusiasm in her in any way, but still made Udon brightened up in excitement.

"So, Asakura-san," he glanced to his note for a second then look back at her in the eyes once again. "Are you perhaps a foreigner?"