Chapter 9

I turned the door knob and opened the door, "I'm back." I said to inform anyone here about my return home safely, taking off my sandals and keep it on the side properly before going inside. I've reached the living room and I found Konohamaru there, looks he's concentrating on writing something on the scroll. I don't know, but somehow my head tilts a little, trying to convince myself if that was really Konohamaru I was seeing.

Ebisu-sensei noticed me, turning his attention towards my direction then smiles, "Welcome home, Miki-chan," he says simply. Konohamaru stopped writing and turned towards me with a wondering look drawn on his face.

I just smiled as my response to them.

"How's your training with Ibiki-san?" Ebisu-sensei asked.

Somehow, that question made my body flinch a little.

How's my training? well, its..

"It's great!" I answered, curving my sweetest smile that I could make on my lips.

Konohamaru narrowed his eyes, hinting that he has suspicions, "Are you sure?" He asked, bitting the tip of his brush holder.

"Hn?"

"Okay, Konohamaru. I've decided that I'll give you a fifteen minutes break. It's almost snack time anyway. I'll go get something we could eat," Ebisu-sensei said and made his way to the kitchen, but for a moment he stopped on the place where I was, "Accompany him for a while," he whispered then went to the kitchen after that. I turned my body to look back at him, with a slight frown formed in my eyebrows. Just what the hell did he meant by that?

"What's wrong with you?" Konohamaru asked suddenly.

I abruptly turned and faced towards his direction, "Huh?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

He let out a sigh and pointed the brush which he using to write in the air, "I'm asking what was wrong with you," he says as he waves his brush like he was writing something in the air.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked repeating it, chuckling under my breath for a second, "Of course! Nothing's wrong. I'm fine!" I answered cheerfully smiling at him, trying to lighten up the mood between us.

"Will you please, stop smiling?"

"Eh?"

He let out a deep sigh and blankly stares at me straight in the eye then eventually looks it away to the other direction, "It bothers me."

My shoulders dropped and rolled my eyes on him, "If you wont believe me then, so be it. Think whatever you want to think of me, but all that I have said is true."

"You said I'm transparent, but you're more transparent yourself," he muttered to himself, but it was still able to hear it clearly that I understand.

"Go upstairs. Cry if you want, don't hold it back. It's okay to cry sometimes," he simply says then casually turned back his attention on his writing, completely ignored my existence here. But somehow, I was stunned, I can't even afford to move.

When I saw him about to take a glance at me, my body automatically allowed me to move, which is very weird. I ran upstairs on this house then I immediately ran in to our bedroom then immediately closed the door and the first thing I saw was myself.

My reflection in my mirror..

It was always like this, like back there. On Kakashi's home.

Its always me..Only me..

Only my reflection, is my only companion.
It is just me who is there to cure my loneliness.

I slowly walked near in the mirror and reached out my hand to it to touched my left cheek on my reflection.