Chapter 50

She opened her heavy bloodshot eyes, as her mind began to guess what day was it today that she had woke up.

She had lost track of which is day and which is night, she had long forgot when was the last time she had seen the light of the day or the light of the bluecorn moon.

Looking back, she can't tell how long was it that she had been living alone in such a place.

Just then a sound was heard somewhere that a blurry light have appeared in her vision.

"Who's.......who's there?" She asked.

"Relax, I'm not your enemy."

She heard that voice that had been familiar to her that it made her relieved to that fact.

"How long do I have to stay here, doctor?" she asked that she had neglected the reminders in her head that she should never ask that question, but her hunger was killing her already.

The one she called doctor continues to arrange things in her room that made her annoyed.

"Relax, you just got your operation on your digestive system just a night ago," the doctor says much to her irritation.

"But what have you told me before that I could eat whatever I want after the surgery!"

"Also, don't stress your face too or everything I have attached to you will come off." Calm and collected, it replied to her.

Her words had slapped her virtually that made her remember the advices and what she have brought herself into.

"Your skin isn't used to your flesh yet, considering how much fat we had removed to it. And I don't think you like the thought of the stitch guts would get torn."

She turned her eyes to the doctor who was coming towards her for her meal.

"I'll be staying here for the next two days. And on that two days, you won't expect a heavy meal. I'll serve you only soup and yeah, be vegetarian," She says, setting the plate on the table beside her bed. "But if you know what's good for you, after I leave, you can eat whatever you want, but if you want to live before you can savor a new life, restrain from dried or dehydrated foods, processed foods, cheese and dairy products, red meats and sweets until you are fully healed from the surgery."

She didn't said a thing to responded to the doctor and immediately crawled to get to the table. She's starving, and she couldn't bear it much longer to just stare at it.

"Well, I guess we'll meet again later at lunch time."

That was it, and the doctor left her on her room that she wouldn't care anyway.

After slurping everything in her bowl that she still feels uncontended for only having a small portion to eat for one meal. She craves for more that it she was not on her mind.

But a thought had made her snap and then she realized, she was liking the bowl on her face.

She brought down the bowl on the table as she was trying to again make her realize that, she had promised herself that after the surgery that she had hoped that it would work magic,  she would also change.

Bullied. Hated. Weak.

She will change all that.

When she had the urge to eat more, she tried distracting herself by reading books. When if it's not enough, she tried to drink a lot of water or lick a pint of salt to cheat with her grumbling stomach.

After the two days, the doctor had told her final advise then left that she doesn't know if they'll meet each other again.

She was vigilant on following the what was told her to do.