Chapter 42

The harsh wind blew to the direction of the east. Good thing I had asked them to wear cloaks for protection from the dry atmosphere and hot temperature.

I also suggested sunscreen.

"Well, this is the place I knew to get for the best clay," I introduced to them the village of ceramics.

The Ceramic Village was historically led by a family of "Ceramics Gods", who lived in a large mansion in the village's centre. These Ceramics Gods gathered the best innovations of the village's ceramists and kept them safe, kept them secret. These Ceramics Gods also tended to dictate the village's artistic standards.
The village became famous for its Hanasaki style, marked by its simple appearance yet exquisite beauty.

It brings a lot of memories, but it was greatly different now, probably it happened after Deidara had bombed this place before.

In case you guys lost track, this is where I found them with a cute giant white dragon after they had left me to die, and forced them to take me with them by telling they owe me with a life.

"This village was destroyed a couple of years ago and reports had said only one of the original maker of Hanasaki had survived," says our Keisuke-sensei who had managed to got up to his feet to get up that morning.

From fire country to the land of wind was a three days walk.─I know, it's a pain. Someday I will find a way to make my imaginations came to life, just wait for me. Transportation is part of my vision.

"It was an open village as businessmen just come and goes here for their crafts and wares out of hanasaki ceramics. All we had in the mission is to bring them samples of clays. Besides hanasaki, there's a lot of clays to chose from here. Hanasaki was what the village was proud of, because that's been their original craft that no one can be on par with it and only one family who could do it which is Keisuke-sensei had said earlier, just one of them was still alive," I said, filling the air as we walk around the village.

I tried to name and gave definition on the clays and crafts one at a time like a tour guide that I felt so honoured to do it for them.

I started with a day full of excitement, but in every minute passed, my interest was fading away along with the time.

I can't help but to remember the past. Instead of happy about it for realising what I am now, somewhere behind that happy thoughts there was an untraceable wound that stings me. Like a puncture from a needle and only be felt and find it when you used alcohol or got in touch with a salt.

I distracted myself by making demonstrations with my handmade artistry for pottery from the samples we bought, and also a way for them to get to chose from among the bunch of sets of samples. We can't possibly carry a hundred of samples, so we had to choose for the best. I had my own choice of which is the best, but this mission is a group, their opinions also matters.

That feeling came back bugging me just a minute of break that I had wished to left me by making distractions.

I had reached my hand to the cup that set for me, from the tea that Hiro had prepared for us, it gave me the thought that it must be a sign that made my heart beats abnormally.

I don't usually believe in omens, but I already had a bad feeling even before the cup had cracked.

"Yumi, what's wrong?"

I turned eyes towards Kyousuke. His stares that annoys me when I see it somehow I don't feel a thing that also made me confused.
Clearly, there's something wrong with me.

My mind tried to help me from realising what it was, what should a normal human would react, and it brought me back to the starting point where I had lost everything.