Chapter 45

She was briefly reading our written report from the mission we went for a guard duty for a week, that I'm doing a telepathy to tell her that she better read the reports later and don't ask further questions and just kick us out of her office right now.

"Man, I'm starving."

Hiro sighs from hearing Kyousuke's statement. "Good to you. My body's all sore from the mission that I only wanted a warm bath and sleep," and quickly followed a yawn.

I can't disagree less, not that I can feel the drowsiness weighing in my eyelids for lack of sleep.

"Guys, don't show that kind of attitude in front of the hokage. Keep it together."

Keisuke-sensei wasn't a perfectionist, but he somehow portray it now because he get a good scolding from the hokage.

I was nothing big, it's just that she had pointed out that we are taking the missions rather lightly. Who knows how it will mold us when we get used in this attitude?

So she demanded discipline.

I guess, this is how Keisuke-sensei teach discipline. It looks like he's trying so hard though. (¬_¬;)

"I was planning to give your team another mission, but I guess the children needs to rest," she says, gazing over to our direction.

"I'm quite offended, but I don't have the energy to argue."

"But you had the energy to talk."

"It wasn't a heavy task, but I'll ask for Yumi to do it. Don't force yourselves."

"Just me?"σ( ̄、 ̄〃)

"Hang in there, Yumi," both of my teammates had said, synchronizing, but their spirits was dull to even consider that as a cheer.

"I don't need to pick guesses, I know you're familiar with it and quests like this you know where to go. It's your specialty after all."

Maybe if I wasn't this tired, I might feel very flattered by how much she put her faith in me.(─ ─ )

But I'm tired that my brain automatically discarded that joke aside and go back to the matter at hand.

I turned to the hokage to ask for confirmation of course. "Is that really important?" I asked.

She smiled at me, a very very sweet smile that you'll never get to see everyday. "I'm counting on you."

I'm fine with it, but how about my feelings? (─ ─ )

She can at least lie and take the conversation on the other way before asking a favor, not a straight up expecting me to go and do it right away.
Like this for example, "If you got time for it of course. But you should take a rest first."

She can at least say something like that to comfort me.

I'm also tired from the mission. ( ̄□ ̄」)

"I'll go and visit you again after I took a short rest then let's talk about the details of the mission you asked for," I said that Kyousuke and Hiro immediately bowed their heads, so low that it's for great respect and showing gratitude.

"Wish you all the best, Lady Hokage," they both said that Keisuke-sensei watched them with a feeling of slight shame if we had to judge that, that was what the meaning of his sweat that dropped.

They can't wait to dismiss this that they did it first instead of the hokage.

One thing's for sure, they can't wait to go home. ( ̄︿ ̄)