Chapter 51

"You're getting a hang of it," I comments, more like a compliment by the way, as I watch him make the little wooden doll walk by attaching chakra strings on its body.

He didn't said anything to reply back or even acted it out as a reaction to what I said and keep his eyes towards the wooden doll, practicing to get used to using the jutsu.

Well, at first, he had asked us before if he can go to the Academy which we obviously declined and give an excuse that he's still young and there's no rushing on things like that. I mean, Konohamaru didn't had a problem with it, but I told him that it was a problem because to complete the whole curriculum was to take six years.

I may be lucky that I had completed it for around a year, but our mission with the child was only a month.

We already had started the mission and we're only had to keep up the act as parents for the client was less than a month.

So, are we just going to let the kid hanging like that?

And training him to the way I know, is probably a good start to his dream of becoming a ninja.

It's not that I don't want to teach him ninjutsu with the chakra nature that he possessed, but I just had the thought that puppet masters are dying. It's on the brink of extinction.

True art is eternal. So we should keep it alive. o(TヘTo)

He can say no, but he didn't. So I get the idea that he likes it or maybe in he only like the thought of learning it.

All the teaching of rough sketches, blueprints, I'm forcing to connect to this one particular knowledge and I will teach it to him.

To pass down the art and the knowledge of this technique. And maybe something he can remember about me, bad or good it's still a memory.

"You should take a break. I already prepared lunch. I'll be back to our rooms to prepare for our things to bring for the mission," I reminded, turning my heels to go back inside the house. "We'll be leaving after lunch they say," I added then left him outside.

I already had arranged the things we'll be taking with us last night, all I had to do is to pack them in the bag.

It's just in the borders of the land of fire, not that very far. I guess, he can handle all the walking.

Should I take a cart with me so he can just sit in the entire journey? (O_O ?)

Nah, we had talked about it last night that I tried to scare him that if he will complain about the walking, I'll seal him in the scroll which it's a kind of a threat that I may put him into trauma, but I hope it works.

I had been summoned by the hokage to go on a mission with my team to investigate that I was kind of excited to go. I mean, it was again the first time I'll be going on a mission with my team after all the issue going on that I had a fake face.

But Kyo was with me and Konohamaru haven't returned yet from his mission. And the hokage somehow forgot it─I can't blame her, I forgot about it too because of excitement.

I had already thought of an option that I can leave him with Shizune, but Shizune was also busy with assisting the hokage and she works all around like she also had to work for sidelines. She's a busy woman, and I'm not shameless enough to ask her to babysit my child no matter how close we are.

After packing our things, I carried our bags to the living room and called him who's still outside and practicing the movements of the puppet by pulling it through the fingers with the chakra strings.

I called him to take a break for now so he could have lunch before we can prepare ourselves to go out for an adventure.

"Looks like we're going on a field trip, not a mission."