Chapter 52

"What are we going to do this time, Kyo? And where we going," I asked the most obvious question that I just played dumb, and still let him pull me by the hand as we walked down on the stairs that leads to the basement as he carries a lamp on his free hand.

I may sound scared of the dark for asking silly questions just to try to divert his thoughts on other things, but that's not what I really meant.

"It's a surprise, but don't tell mom I had shown it to you."

Like I just said, it's not because I'm scared of the dark.

He's creeping me out.

He is Kyo from the looks of it, but he's in totally different persona.

Where is kind and bubbly Kyo that loves me dearly. (; ω ;  )

We stopped as we had reached at the closed door.

Well, you can tell who owns the room just looking at the cats and rabbits stickers on the door. There's no doubt about it. It's Yumi's. (ー ー ")

The stickers may be a bit fancy as a decoration, but she was so creative to use it to shape it into hiragana to give a message.

Get in or back off, I'll kill you either way.

Very creative. Very welcoming. I can feel her soul right into it. This room is hers. (ー ー ")

"If she had decided to also make herself a more private room in here, then probably for her little business thing," I mumbled just to voice out my little tantrum.

I had planned to use it as stocking things that looks unneeded for us and inform it to the landlady who owns this place that we had moved some things on the empty basement to make space for the things will be needed for our mission.

But Yumi had said that she already had plans on what will be the use of the basement during the mission.

Well, I guess, she already built her secret laboratory inside this house. But whatever it is, isn't it a lot of work to move her things again after we're done with the mission?

Kyo didn't said anything and just continued to be quiet like how he started to act since I came back home with a disguise that I used to introduce myself as the dad on the family photo.

He twisted the round doorknob of the door then slide it open that what greeted us was only darkness.

"I think it has a light in here," I said as I tried to find the switch by touching the wall just next to the door.

"Don't say anything, promise me."

"Say what?" I asked soon as I switched the lights on. When I turned my attention back to him, his blank, expressionless face turns into surprised instead.

He let go of my hand and stepped inside and like in a hurry, he looked everywhere to find things around.

Now, I'm confused on what's really going on.

"I swear, it's still all here when I checked this room just an hour ago," he says as he was frantically opening every boxes and digging things inside.

"What are you talking about, Kyo?" I asked, tilting my head on the side. I just feel sorry for him now that I don't know how exactly I could help him. "Are you trying to say that your mom was hiding something from me that I should know?"

What I said made him stop.

Well, since I knew who Yumi is, I do understand that she was very secretive. I'm not surprised that he had found out something about her that she warned him that he shouldn't tell about it from anyone.