Chapter 34

Time flies so fast.

Another day seems like another week just passed.
And by the end of the month, it was hard to believe that it's more than a year had passed.

But the usual noisy adoption house had been quiet for almost a week, and busy from the passed two days.

They said that the hokage will come to visit us with her crew. That is why they are reorganizing the orphanage that needs fixing.

And with the presence of the hokage, they made extra effort on doing everything to make the orphanage looked more presentable.

And to what I heard, they're conducting medical examination to us. It was done yearly in the orphanage, so this will be my first time to get medically examined.

And also, what my fellow orphans told me, there was a chance that we'll get adopted that I didn't really minded that as to be important.

The reason why I went here, just because I needed knowledge. And I can't get the basic knowledge if I don't get educated by academic knowledge.

It was said that the orphanage on the land of fire had it's own lesson plans that almost similar to Konoha' ninja academy. And it was also a said fact that they get a chance to be registered as ninja of the land of fire.

And if ever I get chosen, it'll be a great advantage to get accessed to their library and study more. The orphanage had a small library, but the books are mostly old and outdated. New informations must be on the main village.

I really don't mind the ninja thing, all I wanted to have from coming here is to study and gain knowledge for research.

Just the thought to get affiliated with a certain village, it'll be hard to roam around without permissions. Or I won't be able to conduct research without investigation from the country.

I wouldn't be as free as I am now.

And I still want my old job, and I want to do it until I retire.(ノ_<。)

Turning the small like key handle, twisting it until it reached to the tightest that it could then let it go. It turned back to the opposite direction of what I did by itself, and a plucking sound was heard in soft tone from the wooden box was made.

I watched the little machineries that were moving inside that is responsible for the sound it makes, as I try to think what was the box was trying to say.

"Yumi?"

I held the keyholder that was attached on the box to stop it from creating noises.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We're in a class."

"Yes," I replied. It's automatically speaking that I am disrupting the class again─it wasn't new anyway. I'm alreafy used to it, probably they are used to it too.

I held that key holder until the class have ended then let go of the key holder again to continue what I left off and the box continued to sing its soft chimes again.

Now I remember what the box was trying to tell me.

I heard this song one time, and never heard it again. I can still remember how it was sang, and was still fresh in my head. Then the other day as I was rummaging my things, trying to look for what I can do with my things that I collected, and discovered the piece of stainless steel made a soft nice tone.

That's how I get the idea of creating a thing that can keep things that can last forever from an art that can last a mere moment before vanishing.

But hearing the song over and over sounds tiring that I already lost interest. It would be a waste if I'll just keep it plainly looking. I should come up with a sketch to improvise its looks, then I can abandon it again right after.