Chance Encounter

A/N: This book is def going to be my exception to the one update/week rule because this story is just flowing for me and it's my favorite one I'm writing rn. So, here's a third update!

+++

"I bought you coffee," Adrian chimed when he arrived to the office, greeting Eva at her desk. "You like iced lattes, right?"

Adrian was often the first of the three men to arrive and he preferred to start his day with Eva in his office going over his schedule with him. Meanwhile, Justin would have Eva print out his schedule and tape it to his desk before start of day and Caleb requested she send an email at the beginning and middle of the day providing updates.

"Thanks, Mr. Collins." Eva accepted the coffee and followed Adrian into his office.

She sat across from him with a tablet in her hands while he unpacked his laptop and connected it to an extra monitor.

"So Ms. Eva," he said to her with a smile. "What's on the calendar for today?"

"Right, so your first meeting is with James Fortham of Fortham law firm..."

As Eva went on, Adrian was barely paying attention to her words as he admired the woman herself. From the moment he first saw her, there was something about Eva that drew him in. She was a beautiful woman, no doubt. Her full lips were often decorated with gloss or lipstick — a bold red being his favorite shade. She had a small, barely noticeable diamond stud that pierced her cute wide nose. And her brown skin had a golden undertone to it that gave it a natural glow.

Eva's heavenly curves embodied Adrian's view of femininity itself and since they first met, he'd often have to fight back thoughts of showing her just how much he appreciated every inch of her form.

She also leaked pure sex appeal with her underlying confidence that slightly intimidated Adrian — only making him more attracted to her.

There was a pause in her listing off his meetings and Adrian broke himself out of his trance to scan Eva's face. "Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no... This name just looked familiar and I can't remember why. Logan Richards?"

"Ah, Logan! You've probably heard me mention him or have seen his name on old copies of my schedule. He's a friend of mine and we have lunch at least once a month when he's not traveling. He recently returned from a trip to Atlanta and then he was playing catchup at work last week and now we're finally getting around to seeing each other today."

Logan was one of the business associates that Adrian had first met at The Scarlet Lounge and they immediately clicked. It was useful that Logan was an investment banker as PMC Group could always use funding and the company's final goal after demolishing competition was to launch their IPO.

"I see..." Eva nodded. When Adrian mentioned Atlanta, she realized why Logan's name was so familiar. He was the man she met at the airport when she was coming home from her friend Naomi's wedding. Eva wasn't worried about the likelihood she would see him, though. She never gave him her last name, so even if he did remember her, he wouldn't have exposed her true identity.

~~~~~~~&&&~~~~~~~

After meeting with Adrian and putting Justin's schedule on his desk, Eva returned to her desk to email Caleb his list of meetings. As soon as she logged into her computer, Caleb entered the floor and Eva was immediately annoyed by his presence. The week prior, she'd experienced nothing but attitude from him when he wasn't straight up ignoring her.

Eva wanted to put him in his place several times — predicting she could probably break him in a week or two if she wanted — but she ultimately decided to play the long game... A quick one wasn't good enough for her and he made the perfect target for mind games.