As Many Times

Caleb and Adrian left the apartment to go into the office while Justin stayed behind with Eva. He took his morning meetings from the apartment and Eva joined him, wearing her pajamas — a thin tank top and shorts that kept him distracted the whole time. Meanwhile, Eva managed to take thorough notes, as she always did.

After finishing the last call, Justin closed his laptop and focused his full attention on Eva.

"I heard you guys last night," he said to her softly.

"We weren't exactly quiet," Eva replied. "And I figured that was why you had a bit of an attitude this morning — definitely not as bad as Caleb's, though. You could've joined us if you asked..." Eva paused when Justin's face tensed, taking a deep sigh, she reached out to hold his hand. "Right. Our date got canceled this weekend and the only one-on-one time we've had was when we were packing to come here. Then, I spent the night with Adrian instead of you. Is that it?"

Justin was impressed with how quickly she put all the pieces together, though he wasn't surprised — she always read him and the other men so well. "Yes," he confessed with a nod.

"Well, why didn't you say that before? We were with each other for like half of yesterday packing. If you wanted more time together, you could've just said something. I would have made it work."

"It's just that... I wasn't sure if it would be the right thing to ask with the timing and all. But then last night, hearing you and Adrian, I... I was bothered. It seems like you spend so much more time with him. I mean, I know we agreed that it was fine for all of us to um... share? I'm not sure if that's the right word. So I thought it was unreasonable for me to feel uneasy about you and Adrian last night."

"Are you saying that you felt jealous?" Eva asked.

"No! Er— I mean... I am fine with all three of us... seeing you? Or what Adrian and I are doing with you plus whatever the hell is going on with Caleb. I just... It's just that I also want to have one-on-one time with you, but I feel like only Adrian gets that... and it bothers me... So maybe I am a little jealous. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine," Eva assured him. "Jealousy is human, it's normal. What matters is what we can do to address it."

"What? What do you mean?"

"So, I look at it like this. Jealousy in dynamics like these can be an indicator of unmet needs, whether on your part, on my part, or on both. If part of the reason you're having these feelings of jealousy is because you want more one-to-one time with me like Adrian has, then I can make that happen. I know we had a date this weekend that got sidelined with everything going on. That's part of why I wanted you to stay here with me."

"It is?"

"Yeah, I like spending time with you too, Justin. You're one of my closest frie—" Eva caught herself, though it was too late for Justin to miss what she was saying. "Let's find a show to binge today and order out. Put your out of office on and say you're deadly sick or something and tell them to contact Caleb if it's urgent. Just you and me today, no interruptions."

Justin's mouth was opened in awe. "You, Eva Nelson, are an amazing woman."

"I try my best," she replied with a wink. "I'm going to take a shower and you need to get out of that suit and into something more comfortable... preferably sweatpants... preferably gray."

"Oh?" Justin chuckled at her request and got up to head toward his room. "I'll see if I remembered to pack any."

"Did you forget I was there to help you, hun?"

***

Eva's head fell back against the couch and she let out a breathless moan. Justin pulled his hand out of her pants and brought his fingers to his lips, sucking her essence off of them. He then placed kisses along her jaw until he reached her lips and Eva grabbed the back of his head to deepen the kiss.