Very Pleased

A/N: As promised, it's a long one!

+++

The room that Caleb put Eva in was the second largest in his home. She had a king-size bed that sat at the center of the room, against the back wall. There was a full-body mirror in the corner next to it and on the other side of the bed were floor-to-ceiling windows similar to the ones in Caleb's room. In front of them was a space large enough to keep a couch that faced the view of the city. In front of the bed, there was a wide unused space between it and the dresser and on each side of the dresser were doors to the bathroom and walk-in closet.

Eva lay in her bed looking at the ceiling.

Sleep evaded her.

Although she felt she was in a safer environment, she still couldn't find comfort. Not because any of the men were a threat to her, but because she was a threat to them. But they didn't know that, and because of her manipulative tactics, she'd sold herself so well as their assistant that they'd become a support system for her. When they found out Eva was in danger, all three of the men rallied to help her.

While she was slightly annoyed that Justin went and told Adrian and Caleb about what happened so quickly, Eva also appreciated his concern for her.  Justin had panicked, it was clear in his voice when she called him — the man cared deeply for her, and she'd never seen him so distraught. When the four of them were in the office and she saw Adrian, he looked like he was on the verge of tears. As for Caleb, even if his intentions did not seem completely pure, he was quick to offer his home to her and accommodated her request to be placed farthest from his room.

Meanwhile, Eva was there to take down their company, which she knew would ultimately ruin their lives. Those feelings of guilt would sometimes cross her mind, she tried not to linger on them too long. However, after the four of them broke to go to their separate rooms — Eva going to hers alone — she couldn't push away those thoughts like she'd done before.

This... doesn't feel right, Eva thought to herself. I mean, it never exactly felt right, but now... Even worse than 'not right,' it just feels straight up wrong... But what can I do at this point? It's all started, there is no way it can end well... for any of us. Do I just stick with the plan? And let the all the shit burn down?

Eva's thoughts quickly began to devolve, she was interrupted by the vibration of her phone.

Adrian: Hey, I hope this doesn't wake you if you're sleeping. Are you up?

Eva: Yeah

Adrian: Can I come to your room?

Eva froze. She did want him to come to her room, but she also had some pause. In that moment, Eva felt vulnerable, and her thoughts were all over the place. Over the past few days, she'd experienced the most conflicting feelings she had in her life. And ironically, Adrian was probably the only one who could bring her some level of comfort in that moment, even if what she was doing to him and his best friends was also the root of her distress.

She took a deep breath and typed her response.

Eva: Yeah

Not long passed before there was a light knocking at her door.

Eva walked over to open and Adrian burst through, immediately pulling her in for a tight hug.

"Eva, I'm sorry, I should—"

Eva pulled back from his chest to look up at him. "Sorry for what?"

"I should've done more. I should've been there. I should've came home with you after your left my place so you wouldn't have had to deal with what you saw alone. Even today, I should've been the first person to offer my place to you."