FTR

A/N: FTR doesn't stand for first time reader, but I'm sure you'll figure it out by the end of this chapter lol.

ALSO, I am so nervous about y'all's reactions to this chapter. I hope you enjoy! Keep in mind that this is literally all fun and games.

+++

Eva and Adrian sat in his office across from each other at his desk. He looked over at her with a smile on his face and Eva couldn't help the small one that came to hers. She was trying her hardest to ignore what she felt for him, but it was growing increasingly difficult, especially after their intimate moment the week prior and his kind gesture of cooking her soup from scratch and bringing it to her apartment. Eva knew that if Caleb weren't there, more likely would've occurred between her and Adrian.

"How was the rest of your weekend, Eva? I hope you're feeling better now."

"I'm fine," Eva replied. "I just chilled, which was a nice change of pace compared to the past few weekends. What about you? Did you spend it with Mr. Peterson?"

A sharp breath crossed Adrian's nose and he cleared his throat. "W-what do you mean... Er, I mean... We got drinks after leaving your place and I talked to him about being less of a dick to you, but I otherwise also had a chill weekend."

"Interesting..." Eva muttered.

"Um, so I actually wanted to talk to you. Well, I've been wanting to talk to you about what happened last week... in here..."

Eva tilted her head to the side and looked at him attentively.

"Look, Eva... It's just that I— I recognize I'm your boss and this isn't exactly appropriate, but I don't regret what happened. I mean I— I um... I enjoyed it and I know— er I think you enjoyed it too?"

"Go ahead... Get to the point," Eva said with a subtle smirk.

"Well... I just... I don't want that to be it between us. I don't care if it's considered 'inappropriate,' Eva. I..." Adrian took a deep breath in an attempt to steady his voice. "I like you, Eva," he confessed. "We've known each other for almost a year now and we've spent a lot of time together. Getting to know you has been so worthwhile and you're a refreshing person to be around."

Eva remained silent. Her lips fell from a smirk into a neutral position as she listened to him.

"Eva, you try to play cool, but you're a kind and caring person. You're honest. You know how to handle any situation thrown at you and no matter what, you always seem in control. Not only does that take a ton of strength, but it also takes being headstrong and having trust in yourself and your ability to see things through. I am never not impressed by what you do."

"Not to mention..." Adrian continued. His hands were shaky and it took every bit of strength to keep his voice from doing the same. He swallowed several times and kept his breathing consistent. "You have a natural allure about you. You're a beautiful woman inside and out and I like you... And I think you like me too."

Eva felt her face heat up and knots tied in her stomach. The feelings that Adrian cause in her felt almost foreign. 

Maintaining her facade, Eva asked, "What are you getting at, Adrian?"

Adrian felt a pain in his chest at Eva's lack of reaction to everything he'd just confessed to her, but he knew that she felt something for him too.

"What I mean is that I don't want what happened last week to be a one-time thing. I also don't want it to be the only thing, Eva..." Adrian scanned over her face, trying to catch signs of any bit of emotion from her, but her expression was indecipherable. "I mean that I'd like to see where this goes... I-if that's okay with you. We obviously can't risk anything in the city, but, I'd like to take you on a date. A real date that isn't just us getting lunch or coffee together. I had a couple of ideas like maybe dinner on a boat or we could go down to Phill—"