A Lesson

A/N: Um... Y'all... I... Idk. This book might be too spicy for this site.

+++

Eva crossed her arms and walked around Caleb's room, admiring the charcoal drawings that lined his walls. They featured various positions of human bodies and to her surprise, those bodies were diverse. Caleb came off as a superficial man, so Eva assumed any images of bodies he'd have would be conventionally attractive ones — thin feminine figures and muscular masculine figures. However, the images showed bodies ranging from large to small, shading that indicated stretch marks, rolls of soft flesh, and rounded stomachs on masculine- and feminine-presenting bodies.

Caleb simply sat on his bed, watching her as she looked around his room, wondering what she might be thinking about it.  It was Saturday evening, when she promised him that he would receive his reward, and Caleb was growing more impatient by the minute as she took her time scrutinizing his room. But, he knew better than to show his impatience. After finally making progress with Eva, he wanted to stay the course.

"Who's the artist for these?" Eva asked Caleb.

"I'm not sure. I heard it was some powerful mafioso, which is the main reason I bought the art in the first place... It's grown on me, though."

Eva nodded, continuing to scan over the walls. "I like it."

Knowing that Caleb was waiting with anticipation, Eva went on with her exploration of the room. She stopped at his dresser and ran her fingertips across the wooden surface.

"Since moving in, I've realized that you have decent tastes, pet. At least when it comes to interior design. Your whole home is the work for Florence Blake, right?"

"Yeah, they design the homes of all the top players in the city. Of course they needed to do mine."

"That is what you are," Eva mused. "One of the top players in the city..."

"Soon, I'll be the top player in the city," Caleb added confidently.

Eva let out an amused huff. "'Top' isn't the first word I'd use to describe you, pet," she taunted. "And what about Adrian and Justin? They're your co-founders."

"You know what I mean... I am the CEO. And besides, Adrian doesn't care about titles and as long as Justin is tied to the company's success, he doesn't care about being number one."

"So, why are you so concerned about being number one? PMC Group is number two in an industry that's typically dominated by brands that are over a hundred years old. And how old is PMC Group? Six? Seven years?"

"Seven years and eight months," Caleb answered. "So what about what's 'typically' the case? That's not true about Thompson Luxe Group. That company is just under fifty years old and they're at number one... Not for long, though. We're buying more of their companies in a few weeks if this deal goes through and that CEO is already pissed at us, I know it's a matter of time until she fucks up with how angry she is."

"The same could be said about you. You're impulsive, you fuck your colleagues... You don't think you can be just as close to fucking up in some royal way too?"

"That's why I have Adrian and Justin. We balance each other out."

Eva scoffed. "That's cute..." She turned from the dresser to lean against it while she faced Caleb, who was sitting on his bed. "You balance each other out well for me too."

Caleb allowed his eyes to wander Eva's form. She wore loose-fitted jeans with a button-up short-sleeve crop top. Neither of the garments hugged her body in the way Caleb preferred, but there was no hiding her cleavage that teased through the top of her shirt and her exposed midriff.