Great to Hear

It had been a week since Caleb, Justin, and Adrian returned from California and Caleb confronted Eva about leaving him in the office alone. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to forget about that night in the office: The sound of her heels clicking, the look of disgust she had while standing over him, the way she firmly held his face when scolding him, and the darkness in her eyes when she'd falsely promised him punishment.

Caleb couldn't stop thinking about the softness of Eva's lips after feeling them for the first time and he remembered when she faltered, even if it was only for a few moments, and returned his gesture.

However, none of that could cover up the frustration Caleb felt toward Eva. First, she refused to acknowledge his existence beyond her regular work duties and when she did finally acknowledge him, it was just enough to leave him wanting more. He was also well aware that she'd be steadfast in denying him.

But Caleb had a plan. He was still her boss, so she'd have to come when he called. And he intended to call her until she gave him what he wanted.

"Eva," he greeted, approaching her desk. "I hear from Justin that you're useful in meetings, so join this call I have and be sure to take thorough notes."

Without responding, Eva stood from her desk and followed Caleb into his office. When he settled at his desk, he was thrown off when he saw that Eva had taken a seat on the couch in his office several feet from his desk.

"The hell are you sitting way over there for?"

"The couch is more comfortable than that chair and I can hear you fine from here," Eva replied without looking up from her tablet.

Caleb considered joining her on the couch, but he refused to follow her. She needs to come to me, he thought to himself.

"Whatever," he mumbled before dialing the number to begin the conference call.

As the meeting went on, Caleb was distracted throughout most of it as he kept looking over at Eva. She was completely focused on taking notes, her head down and typing the entire time. Unlike him, she wasn't stealing any glances and didn't appear to be resisting the urge to do so.

Who the fuck is this woman? Caleb's thoughts about Eva continued. She had me on my knees and was undressing me and now she's back to ignoring me?! And why the fuck is it bothering me so much like I don't have more than enough options that aren't half her size?

The call had finished and Caleb was still glaring at Eva, growing even more frustrated when she still didn't look up even after the meeting ended.

"You better have taken good notes," he said. "I won't tolerate half-assed scribbling and short-hand."

"Sure thing, Mr. Peterson," Eva replied dryly as she stood from the couch and walked toward the door. "I'll clean these up and have them to you in the next forty-five minutes."

"Make it twenty minutes. If you really took notes correctly, it shouldn't be hard to clean them up."

"Twenty minutes it is, then."

Just when she reached the door, Caleb called out to her again.

"Eva."

"Yes?" She turned to look at Caleb for the first time and her face was void of any emotion, only disappointing Caleb further.

"Come here," he gestured.

"No."

"What?"

"No."