YIKES

A/N: Heads up that this is a v brief chapter in case you want to wait until I post the next one within a week.

+++

Adrian sat at his desk, unable to focus on work. He was scrolling through the Tiffany & Co. website looking for bracelets for Eva. After seeing the lilies sitting on her desk, he determined that whomever sent them knew that they were Eva's favorite flowers and considering they were out of season, it likely took more effort than a simple online order to get them sent to her.

He also realized that other than a bottle of wine and some soup, he'd never given Eva an actual gift. Adrian knew based on her apartment, the way she dressed, and how she carried herself that she was a woman with expensive taste. And he wanted to be sure to get her something that would leave an impression.

"Does she prefer rose gold or just gold," Adrian pondered out loud. "I think she'll like this bangle. It's simple, yet elegant, and it's close to ten grand... I mean, I don't think she's a gold digger or anything, but maybe she'll look it up and see how much money I spent and be impressed."

He ran his fingers through his short brown hair and leaned back in his seat. "Or maybe I should do something that takes more effort, like what I did with the soup. She seemed really impressed that I cooked it from scratch. I could do something with my own hands — maybe making her a small piece of furniture."

Adrian's computer chimed with a new email. It was from one of PMC Group's bankers confirming that the company was in good enough financial standing to pursue its next acquisition — and the first company under Thompson Luxe Group it would aim to acquire.

Normally, he'd be ecstatic with the news, but he was too distracted with his musing of Eva. He didn't want to scare her with commitment, which was why he told her that it wouldn't be necessary for the time being. However, the idea of someone else — or even more than one person — pursuing her, deeply bothered him. Adrian knew he could be the jealous type, and he was trying his best not let it impact what he had going with Eva.

I wonder how long until she'd be willing to commit, he thought to himself.

Trying to return to his work, Adrian scrolled through more emails, and just when he thought he'd be able to concentrate, he heard shouting from Justin's office. He couldn't make out what was being said, but he knew that the other voice he heard was Caleb's. Looking out his open door, he also realized that Eva was missing from her desk.

I hope she's not in there with them.

Adrian slowly rose from his seat and made his way to Justin's office door.

~~~~~~~&&&~~~~~~~

"What the fuck are two you doing?!"

Justin was standing straight up, looking at Caleb apprehensively while Eva remained in the chair with her eyes closed and gripping the bridge of her nose.

"Ca-Caleb what are you..." Justin tried to speak through a shaky voice. "Why are you..."

"Why am I here?" Caleb finished for him. "Because I'm tired of you and Adrian having closed door meetings with the assistant after what we talked about."

Caleb turned to glare at the back of Eva's head as she kept her position. "So..." he continued. "You're fucking her too?"

"What do you mean 'too?'" replied an offended Justin. "And no, we're not having sex."

"Sure," Caleb snorted. "Did you know that she and Adrian are fucking?"

"What?" Justin looked down at Eva with tensed brows. "You're sleeping with Adrian."