What Now?

As soon as Eva got into the office on Monday, she was pulled into Justin's office to meet with him, Adrian, and Caleb. Justin was leaned against the front of his desk with his hands on each side of him while Caleb and Adrian sat on the couch to toward the far side of the office. With wide eyes, Eva looked between the men before her nostrils flared and her glare landed on Justin.

He raised a cautioning hand when he noticed the anger in her eyes. "Please, Eva... We just want  to help you. I was worried sick when I saw your apartment. I was two seconds from flipping the city over to look for you when you called me just in time."

"And when I called you, I assured you that I was fine." Eva huffed her annoyance. "Someone had broken into my apartment, so I got a hotel and just needed the weekend to get myself together."

Justin crossed his arms and suck his head. "I'm not convinced it was a random break-in, Eva. There were plenty of valuables still in clear view in your apartment. It looked like someone just went in and wrecked the place. It looked personal."

Eva kept her lips tight. For the first time, the three men caught her off guard, and she couldn't figure out what exactly was on their minds.

Adrian took from the couch and walked closer to Eva. "Eva, I— we're just worried about you. From what Justin told us, it sounded like a disturbing sight. And if it is personal, that's all the more reason to be concerned."

Eva's jaw tensed as she clenched her teeth and her eyes turned away from the men and out the window of Justin's office. She didn't know what to say to them. She couldn't tell them the truth — it could blow her cover if they connected her back to Eric. And even if she did say something to them, she didn't see a point to it. Again, without risking them learning her true identity, Eva wasn't sure if they could help her. And she still hadn't completely gotten her thoughts together as she remained frazzled from Eric had done.

"The shit sounded freaky, and not the good kind. Do you have a stalker or something? Ow!" Caleb grabbed the back of his head and cut his eyes at Adrian. "The fuck was that?"

"Could you watch your fucking mouth for once?" Adrian scolded.

A small half-smile pulled at Eva's lips before they settled again. If her emotions weren't so occupied with the fact that Eric broke into her home, the guilt would've drowned her. Adrian, Justin, and even Caleb were clearly worried about her — they even seemed more worried than her own sister.

"What can I do, Eva?" Justin questioned. "What can we do to help you out here?"

"I'm not really sure if you can help. It's just a shitty situation that I'll need to get myself out of."

"Don't say that," Adrian snapped. "I'm—we're here for you, Eva. Why don't you explain to us what happened so we can figure out a way to help?"

"Honestly? I can't share all the details with you. I think I know who broke into my apartment, but I can't say." Eva wanted to apologize for her lack of transparency considering the men's concern for her, but that was the least of what she was hiding from them, anyway.

"Have you at least gone to the police?"

Eva scoffed. "Yeah, and they were useless. They can't do anything about it unless the person causes me physical harm."

"That's such bullshit," Caleb commented.

"What can you tell us, Eva?" Justin asked.

"Look..." Eva's shoulders fell as she exhaled a deep breath. "All I can say is that I do potentially have a stalker, and that's who I think broke into my place. Now, I don't feel safe living alone, I have no one to go to, so I'm going to be living it up in hotels for the time being."