Someone Else

A/N: I know this update was delayed, but pls don't quit this book, y'all! Work been kicking my ass. On the bright side, I'm doing a double update today, so be on the lookout for the next chapter (titled "Gifts") at some point this evening/night!

+++

"It's about time you got your ass out here, girl," Jade said when Eva arrived at The Scarlet Lounge with Naomi and Sebastien. Eva opted to wear something simple for the night — a black dress with cutouts just under her breasts along with a pair of red pumps that matched her nails and lipstick. Sebastien and Naomi were again inadvertently coordinated — Naomi in a dark blue dress and black heels and Sebastien in a button up of the same color with black slacks.

The club was dimly lit, but enough to see what was going on. It was a week night, so the place wasn't too busy. They got there a couple hours after opening and couples and groups were already playing.

"I promised you that I would come!" Eva replied. "I'm just finally getting around to it. Besides, I knew that you'd be playing with your Dom anyway and I wanted to make sure I at least at something lined up."

"Oh?" Jade raised a brow and looked at Naomi and Sebastien. "You back on your unicorn grind these days?"

Sebastien's eyes went wide when he heard Jade and Naomi started snickering, shaking her head.

"No!" Eva exclaimed. "You know Mimi. And remember, she and Sebastien got married a while back."

"Yes, I remember! You were so excited for their wedding like it was your own. But that still doesn't answer my question. You act like you don't have sex with friends."

"Goddamn. All up in my business," Eva groaned. "And no, I'm not playing with Mimi and Sebastien tonight. I'm meeting someone else here. What about you? You meeting with your Dom?"

"Mhmm," Jade hummed. "And who've you got lined up?"

"This guy named Logan who conveniently got an accurate read on me and boldly offered his face for me to sit on."

"Damn, that easy? You usually don't go for those ones, do you?"

"Nah, not normally, but some things have happened recently that've made me think I should try someone different. Anyway, hey Mimi, did—" Eva paused when she turned around and realized Naomi and Sebastien were no longer behind her. She quickly scanned over the space before she noticed they'd already gotten to the opposite side and appeared to have been going into one of the private rooms. "Mimi's husband has a crazy sex drive for a man in his forties," she commented softly.

"If you wanna change things up, why don't you try subbing?" Jade suggested as the two of them started walking toward one of the free couches and sat down.

"I do sub sometimes."

"You know what I mean, girl. What about subbing with a man?"

"Fuck no," Eva scoffed. "It's not something I've ever had a desire to do. I'm super submissive with women, but when it comes to men, I just can't bring myself to do it."

"See, I can't do that. I love it when a man gets rough with me, so I'm strictly subbing."

"I don't see how those are related. Just because a partner is submissive, doesn't mean they can't get rough with you. You ever had a man begging to choke you? That shit is hot."

"Oh," Jade gasped lightly. "I didn't know that was a thing."

"Many things are things," Eva shrugged. "There's no one-size-fits all when it comes to sex and power dynamics. People always try to make some bullshit 'standards' and say if you like one thing then you won't like another... They don't get that it's a lot more complex than that. I blame the—"