In There

A/N: So um... Fun fact: I have been working on this chapter since I put the previous one up like more than two weeks ago (I'm cringing at everything I write). It took FOREVER. It's a medium-sized chapter, but part of the reason it took so long is because I'm stuck on trying to figure out the structure for what comes next and wanted it to be part of this chapter, but will put it in the next one instead. (I'm about halfway through the next chapter). I've decided to post this rather than making y'all wait yet ANOTHER week for an update.

My A/Ns are long af in this chapter -- wish it was this easy for story writing.

+++

Adrian's eyes fluttered open and he exhaled on the back of Caleb's neck. His arm had fallen numb and he slowly pulled it from under him. He then turned to lay on his back and stretch his arms forward as he spread his fingers apart before allowing them to fall above his head.

After what happened the night before, Eva wanted to make sure that Caleb got the aftercare he needed. While their moment wasn't in the least bit intense and Eva still didn't particularly like Caleb, she understood the importance of not abandoning him while he was in his state. So, Adrian went back to Caleb's hotel room with him and they cuddled until falling asleep.

Recalling what occurred, Adrian again took note of how easy it seemed to be intimate with Eva and Caleb at the same time, and it was another great night, however...

"Shit," Adrian groaned when he tried to sit up in bed. That was the second night in a row of Eva edging him and he woke up painfully erect. He laid back down and crossed his arms over his face as he muttered under his breath, "How long is this going to go on?"

"Do you wanna start taking bets?" Caleb whispered, the sleepiness heavy in his voice. "I feel your pain." He turned over so that he was on his back next to Adrian and lifted on his arms over his head.

"Bullshit," Adrian scoffed. "You had sex the first night of the conference."

"So? You had sex last night. Or did you forget I was there?"

"But I didn't come."

"And I didn't come that first night." Caleb said softly.

Adrian sucked his teeth. "Yeah, right..."

"I'm telling the truth. I haven't be able to come since... It's been like I'm the only one who can get myself off other than... whatever..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I fucking said," Caleb spat. "Whatever, I shouldn't have said anything to you in the first place."

"Don't be like that, Caleb. You gotta admit it's unlike you."

"Now what's that supposed to mean? You trying to say I come easy?"

Adrian turned on his side to face Caleb with a smirk. "For me you always did."

"Yeah," Caleb scoffed. "Keep telling yourself that... More like the other way around, even if you are saying Eva's ass is 'much better' than mine." 

Adrian sighed and rolled his eyes. "I was just saying that because you kept insulting Eva. It pisses me — and obviously Justin — off when you do that. Plus, it's not like you mean any of it. You're just being a dick because she intimidates you... and you like it."

"You sound pretty fucking confident in that assessment."

"Because I know you and I've seen how you are with her. She's handling you just the way you like."

Caleb simply turned his head to look up at the ceiling with his lips pressed together stubbornly, thinking about Eva. Adrian was right. The woman knew exactly how to deal with Caleb, and she was the first one to figure him out so quickly and so accurately.