Please...

"Well, if it isn't my favorite couple!" Eva beamed when Naomi and Sebastien arrived at the restaurant. She got up and made a path straight to Naomi and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much, girl!" Naomi chimed, returning Eva's embrace.

"I can't believe I haven't seen you since the wedding! It's been what? Eight or nine months now?"

"It's been eight and a half months," Sebastien answered with a warm smile. "It's good to see you again, Eva. Naomi's been excited for this dinner since we first made plans to come here." 

"Wow, time flies!" Eva shook Sebastien's hand after she finally let go of Naomi and nearly bursted out laughing when she stepped back and got a better look at what they were wearing. It appeared that the couple coordinated their outfits. Naomi wore a mustard off-the-shoulder dress that fell below her knees and Sebastien's stripped button-up shirt had lines of the same color to complement the brown and white.

"I know that face," Naomi commented when she saw Eva's expression. "This was not on purpose." She gestured at her and Sebastien's outfits. "It's just been happening a lot lately."

"Probably because you're the one who's been picking out my clothes whenever we go shopping, love. If you want to coordinate, just say so," Sebastien teased.

"Whatever, babe..." Naomi playfully rolled her eyes and followed Eva to the table. "I just needed to get you out of those plaid shirts."

"I thought you loved my plaid shirts?" Sebastien gasped, feigning offense.

Eva giggled and shook her head at their exchange as she took a seat at their table. "Anyway... I know that both of you enjoy Thai food and this is my favorite spot in the city."

Naomi and Sebastien joined her and she had a small smile on her face looking at them. Sitting side-by-side, they appeared to have locked hands under the table and shared a menu as they looked for what to order.

Eva remembered in college when Naomi swore off dating after assuming that she would never find love and it wasn't worth expending the energy for a lost cause. When Eva learned on a visit to Atlanta that Naomi was dating Sebastien Laurent, and upon hearing more about him and their relationship, she was ecstatic that her friend had found a good man.

"You always pick such great spots," Naomi said. "So, how have you been? I remember you telling me that you took on a big project for your family recently?"

"I've been good. And yeah, that um... Research project has been going really well, actually, Everything is lining up even better than I originally planned."

"I'm not surprised, you're one of those people who always seemed to be good at whatever you do!"

"I don't know about all that," Eva chuckled. "But I'll admit that my skills all happen to fit perfectly with this project. Anyway, enough about me, how have you two been? How's married life and building empires and all?"

"Married life has been good." Naomi moved her free hand across herself to rub Sebastien's arm. "And I don't know about empire building, I just want the app to continue to do well and Seb's investments to keep prospering."

"I agree with Naomi," Sebastien replied. "Empires are overwhelming and stressful, so we're just enjoying our ongoing projects, as well as each other."

Eva looked between the two of them and let out an entertained huff. "You are perfect for each other, I swear it... And speaking of 'enjoying each other,' did you fill out that stuff I sent you?"

"For The Scarlet Lounge?" Naomi questioned with almost a whisper. "Yeah, turns out Sebastien is friends with the owner, and we'd been thinking about going on our next trip to New York, so it works out well."