2- a new student

"This is Axel Blaze. He will be joining your class,"The teacher announced.

"Axel!"Mark yelled without realising.

Mark's mouth was wide open. It was the boy from yesterday! He finally had a name. Axel. Mark couldn't help smiling. Axel went to the same school as him! Which meant that he could see him all the time.

Mark tried to not be so happy about seeing Axel. He couldn't help it. This guy was different from the other guys on his team.

Axel made eye contact with Mark and looked annoyed. He muttered something under his breath.

The teacher looked confused. "Do you guys know each other?"

"Um, no,"Mark stuttered.

The whole class laughed awkwardly, except for Axel and the teacher. Mark felt so embarrassed, but did it even matter? He was seeing Axel again.

Thank you universe. And grandpa he thought.

"So, Axel, you played soccer at your old school?"The teacher asked.

Mark grinned. He played soccer? He felt stupid. That much was obvious. To be as skilled as Axel took years of practice, of course.

Axel nodded. "Yes."

Mark couldn't stop grinning. He even liked his voice. He needed to stop getting attached this quickly. He couldn't develop a crush on another straight guy again.

*********

At lunch, Mark saw Axel sitting by himself.

"Hey, Axel,"Mark said awkwardly. "I haven't gotten to properly introduce myself yet. My name is Mark! I'm the captain of the soccer club. I'm actually the goalie........ Anyways, would you like to join the team? You're such a good player, and have such a good kick....."

Mark kept rambling on and on, and his face kept getting closer to Axels. The feeling he got when he was around Axel was just fluffy. I don't know, Mark just couldn't think of a better way to describe it.

Axel looked at Mark with disgust and edged away from him.

"What is it? Am I annoying you?"Mark asked.

"I quit."

"What?"

"I stopped playing soccer."

"Why would you do that? You're so great!"Mark was confused.

"It's none of your business. What's your obsession with me, anyway?"Axel said with sharpness in his voice.

Mark looked hurt. Before he could answer, Steve came up to him.

"Hey, Mark. The coach wants you."

"What for?"Mark asked.

"I don't know,"Steve replied. "They just want to see you in the principals office."

"Am I in trouble? Or worse, will they disband the club?!"

Axel grinned slightly to himself. Why was he being so mean?

Sylvia came up behind them. "Actually I've been hearing rumours about that for a while."

Mark gulped. "I'll tell you guys what he said after, ok?"

Steve and Sylvia nodded as Mark left the room.

"What are you grinning at, asshole?"Sylvia asked Axel.

Axel looked out of the window, the grin still on his face.

"Man, you're being so rude,"Steve said. "At least try to be civil with the poor guy."

Axel carried on ignoring them.

"I know you can hear me,"Sylvia said,"Just stop being so disrespectful!"

"I didn't say anything disrespectful,"Axel shrugged as he walked out of the lunch room, leaving his food behind.

"I don't understand Mark's obsession with that guy,"Steve sighed.

"I know!"Sylvia said. "Mark's always had a weird taste in men, though."

Steve laughed. "You're right. Let's go to the next class. Fingers crossed the soccer club doesn't get disbanded."