101 - love hand

Mark gasped when he saw Kevin sprawled across the floor of the bathroom.

"What the fuck, Kevin? Are you ok?"Mark crouched down to be beside his friend.

Kevin opened his eyes. His pupils were three times the size they normally were, and he had a massive smile on his face, which was concerning. Kevin never smiled like that. Unless he was high.

"Kevin, are you on drugs?"Mark asked, feeling irritated. "During the final? How selfish are you?"

"I just drank out of the god's cup,"Kevin said slowly, slurring his words. "Good shit."

"The gods cup?"

Kevin grinned and nodded, but he forgot that he was still on the floor and whacked his head against the cold tile.

"Ouch,"Kevin sighed. "The floor isn't in a very good mood today."

Mark just got up and ran out of the room. He had never saw Kevin like this, and it was worrying. He had no clue what to do, so he decided to get the coach.

He ran back to where the team were, and yelled to the coach,"Ugh, Coach, you need to come to the boys bathroom! I think Kevin needs to go to the hospital."

"What do you mean?!"the coach clutched his forehead.

"I think he's overdosed. Or on the way to it. He keeps muttering something about drinking from the gods cup. See him for yourself."

The coach went running to the bathroom, muttering,"fucking Kevin," under his breath.

The coach burst into the bathroom, yelling,"What did you take, Kevin?!"

The coach never normally got angry like this, but this was serious. Overdosing? Especially during the final, this was ridiculous.

"God water,"he smiled. "That's what they said it was, anyways."

"What the fuck is that? Is that some nickname? What chemical is it?"the coach struggled not to shake him.

"I don't know,"Kevin slurred his words. "The good looking gods gave it to me."

The coach hoisted Kevin onto his back, and called an ambulance. "For fucks sake, Kevin!"

The half time was pushed back further due to this. The Zeus team still felt anxious. They desperately hoped that Kevin wouldn't snitch on them.

"We've lost one of our best players,"Mark sighed. "Why'd he have to do this?"

"He's never done this before,"Jude sighed. "It is strange."

Eventually, the coach came back, and the match resumed. The coach sat down, watching the kickoff start, and kept thinking about what Kevin said. The cups of gods....

That was when the coach realised. The only gods that there could possibly be was the Zeus team. Had they drugged him? Why Kevin in particular? He wasn't the strongest member of the team. Why not take out somebody like Mark instead?

It would make sense for Ray Dark's team to be behind something like this, however.

*******

Meanwhile, on the field, Mark was struggling to hold in goals. He hadn't successfully pulled off his new move yet, and he had let in a few goals. Though his team had continually reassured him during half time, he couldn't help but feel extremely guilty.

Axel's reassuring glance was the only thing that made him feel any better about himself.

'You'll do it', Axel mouthed. Mark just smiled at him. He looked over to Nathan and Jude, who both smiled at him too. He then looked over to the girls, and then the rest of the members of his team. And finally, the coach. When the coach noticed him staring, he gave Mark a lopsided smile and put up his thumb.

It was strange, Mark thought, how much he had grown to love this completely random group of people so much. He thought about this as he prepared the block the next shot that came at him.

He saw the flash of pink light again, and a surge of power shot through him. He felt hope. Was this it? The infamous move?

He looked at Axel as he readied himself. Axel just grinned at him. A pink figure shot directly out of Mark. Mark squinted in an attempt to focus his power.

He tentatively closed his eyes, until he heard a loud roar of applause and cheering. He opened his eyes and looked down to see the ball in his hands. He gasped. He had done it. He had really done it.

Zeus were still quite a few goals ahead, but in that moment it didn't even matter. Axel instinctively started running towards his boyfriend, a smile lighting up his face.

The two collided, and Mark placed the football on the ground before grabbing the silver haired boy and aggressively kissing him. He didn't care that they were in the middle of a match, or the fact that they were losing.

All that mattered was that Mark had perfected his shot, and that he was kissing his boyfriend.

He heard the loud shouting of the commentator. The referee blew a whistle and ran out onto the field.

"Uh, it's nice that you two are happy that the shot is saved and all that, but can it wait until the match is over at least?"the referee said awkwardly.

Mark and Axel both blushed. "Eh, yeah. Sorry about that."

The referee left the pitch and the match resumed, but the air was somehow lighter than it was before.