7- before the match

Mark and Sylvia joined the rest of the team on the sidelines and watched Royal practiced. They looked even better in person.

They were just watching when all of a sudden Jude grinned at Mark and launched the ball at him.

Mark was taken aback and used all the strength he had in his body to stop the shot. His days of hard training beforehand had paid off.

Still, the ball was flaming hot and he had no choice but to drop it. Mark stood in disbelief and the whole of the Royal Academy team just stared at him.

Mark's hands burned but he tried not to show weakness, but the whole inside of his gloves were burnt. Jude was grinning at him again. Did that boy do anything else other than grin?

Mark was worried. This was just Judes normal shot. If a normal shot could do this much damage, how much damage could a special shot do?

Mark grinned back and shocked his team.

"Now, this is finally getting interesting!"Mark smiled and threw his fist in the air. He turned back towards his own team. "Let's show them how well our training has gone!"

The whole team looked scared.

"I kinda wanna back out,"said Todd.

"Me too,"said Timmy.

"Me three,"said Sam.

"You can't do that!"Sylvia yelled. "Just follow Mark's example and you'll be fine!"

"I need to go to the bathroom!"Jack yelled.

"Not this time!"Steve, Kevin and Nathan restrained him.

"Evans,"Jude smirked. "You only have 10 players anyways."

Mark looked back at Axel and desperately wished he could play along side them. To wipe that grin off Jude Sharp's face.

Willy ran onto the field. "I'm ready!"

"He gets to wear the number 10? That's hardly fair, Mark!"Kevin yelled.

"We needed an eleventh player in short notice Kevin. Beggars can't be choosers,"Sylvia reminded him.

"Still, this selection isn't that great,"Nathan mumbled.

"He's not very athletic is he?"Steve sighed.

Willy looked around the field. "You didn't lie, Mark. I am the last here."

Mark gritted his teeth. Willy was a very difficult person to work with. He remembered this from school projects he had to do with him in the past. He desperately hoped this time would be different but he knew he was probably wrong.

"Just hurry up, Willy,"Mark muttered.

None of the team was particularly enthusiastic to have this person on their team. Jude Sharp also seemed confused for some reason.

"You picked him? As your ace?"he said to Mark in disbelief.

"Why do you care?"Mark asked.

Jude looked confused. "He's not here yet."

"Who?"

"Do you ever shut up, Evans?"he said as he walked away.

"Whose not here yet?"Another Royal Academy student asked Jude.

"Someone."

"But you're the one who said he's important!"

"I know. But he won't be able to resist us, trust me. He'll come around,"Jude grinned and turned his back on Mark's team.

"Why are they being so cryptic?"Sylvia asked.

"I wish I knew,"said Mark.

Jude and his team were having a hushed conversation, but Mark and Sylvia couldn't hear what they were saying.