28- a new teammate

"You're playing Wild high school,"said Coach Wintersea.

"Didn't they play against Royal last year?"asked Sylvia.

"They're that good?!"Mark exclaimed.

"Don't get your hopes up. They're probably going to annihilate you,"Wintersea said. "Also, you have a new member. This is Bobby."

Wintersea left.

"He's such a depressing sack of shit,"Kevin groaned.

Axel tried to stifle a laugh.

Bobby walked in. "Hey, how are ya! I'm Bobby!"

Wintersea came back. "Hey, I heard that, Dragonfly!"

Kevin stared at the wall. "I didn't say nothing!"

Axel bit his lip to keep from laughing. Mark wondered why he was in such a giggly mood this morning.

"I don't know why you'd want to join this shit little team anyway,"Wintersea laughed cruelly.

He left, and Kevin hoped it was for good. "I hate that sack of shit."

Axel couldn't hold it in. He banged the table with his fist and started silently laughing. The whole team looked at him in confusion.

"He's so out of character today,"said Nathan.

"I know,"said Mark. "I like this side of him though."

"Sylvia!"Bobby said as he tackled her in a hug.

"I thought i'd never see you again!"Sylvia laughed.

The rest of the team looked confused.

"We used to be friends,"said Sylvia.

"But we lost touch,"Bobby said.

"It's so good to be back together again!"Sylvia grinned.

"Any friend of Sylvia's is a friend of mine. Welcome to the team, Bobby!"Mark extended his hand.

Bobby was overly affectionate and pulled him in for a hug instead.

"Your squishing me!"Mark squirmed.

Bobby let go and laughed. "Sorry, I tend to do that a lot."

Mark laughed it off. "No worries."

"So your playing Wild?"Bobby asked. "You sure you can beat them?"

"Oh, why are you acting like you know it all, newbie?"Kevin spat the word out as if it was a derogatory term.

Axel just laughed again. Mark felt jealous. Was Axel laughing because he wasn't the punchline of Kevin's 'jokes' anymore or was it because he liked him?

Mark didn't like this jealous side of himself, and tried to push it down, and deal with it later.

"Oh, I just played them at my old school. They're really powerful and agile,"said Bobby. "And unstoppable in the air!"

"I'm going to go to the bathroom!"Jack stood up.

"No your fucking not. Sit down, bitch,"Kevin growled.

Axel raised his eyebrows and grins. "Sit. Unless you want Kevin to beat the crap out of you."

"Why are you being such a dick, Axel?"Mark asked. "Ever since you and Kevin started getting along you've been getting on my nerves."

"Seems like a you problem,"Axel shrugged.

Mark felt a sharp pain in his chest. Why was Axel like this? It felt like seconds ago, they were in the hospital-

No. Mark couldn't just replay that scene in his head to justify Axel's actions every time he was a dick.

A few team members laughed in the background.

"Shut up!"Mark yelled.

Nathan looked at Mark. "Continue on what you were saying before you were rudely interrupted."

"Thanks, Nathan. We can beat them in the air. We have Fire Tornado, Dragon Crash and DRAGON TORNADO!"Mark grinned.

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to cut it,"Bobby said.

"Oh shut up,"Kevin said.

"No, he's got a point,"Axel said.

"Oh, are you guys no longer best buds? How long did that friendship last? Less than 48 hours?"Mark said bitterly.

"Oh shut up, Mark. I've played them with my old school too. And he's right. Their aerial skills are even better than Royal's."