44- game day

"Oh wow! The Inazuma Eleven trained here?"Mark said.

"They did,"said Nelly.

She looked extremely proud of herself, but instead of secretly hating on her, Mark thought she deserved to be.

"So now you can train down here and practice your shots without anyone knowing! How great is that!"she grinned.

Mark tackled her with a hug. "Thanks so much for doing this Nelly!"

She laughed. "Your welcome."

When Mark let go, Axel hugged her too. "Thanks for not just destroying the blueprints, Nelly."

"I wouldn't do that anyway,"she said, ruffling his hair.

"You know I hate when you do that,"Axel said.

"Ok, fine,"she pulled away.

There was a loud bang. The whole team turned around and noticed that some old junk had fell on Mark.

Axel ran over. "Are you ok?"

Mark laughed. "Sorry. I was just exploring."

"Just win, ok? I don't want you to tarnish this school's reputation,"Nelly huffed, clearly over being happy.

"Love you!"Axel yelled back at her as she walked out.

Nelly jokingly blew a kiss at him.

*************

Their training was going well. One day after training, the whole team went to a noodle place. Coincidentally, it was the exact noodle place where Mark and Axel went together the day that Mark got the notebook.

"So,"Mark said to Axel. "How are you finding it all?"

"Way more intense than my old school. I don't mind though,"he said. "At least I live near this noodle place now."

"Why do you like it so much?"

"I don't know. My mom used to bring me here,"Axel said.

Mark smiled at him. Axel just went quiet and continued eating.

********

"Game day,"said Mark with excitement in his voice.

The other boys behind him cheered.

"We're going to beat these bastards, right?!"Mark yelled.

"YES!!"

"For real though, this is the nicest pitch I've ever seen,"Kevin said.

"I've saw plenty of pitches in my day, but this one is nice. It's up there,"Axel said.

"Agreed!"said Sylvia.

"I don't know. A pitch is a pitch,"Nelly shrugged.

The whole team glared at her.

"All right! Fine it's nice I guess?"

"Don't ever insult this beauty of a pitch ever again,"Nathan said.

"The antennas are kinda weird though,"said Steve.

"Who cares?"said Mark. "Let's just try our best to win!"

***********

Axel walked out of the changing room, and saw Mark alone in the hallway, clenching his fists.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"That bastard! He's acting cocky again!"Mark said angrily.

"Feldt?"

"Yeah. He swears we'll lose!"said Mark. "But you won't let that happen, right?"

Axel hugged Mark. "I don't know why you think I'm so great. We've won most of these games because of you, you know? You have excellent goal keeping skills."

"But you are great."

"Oh shut up,"Axel smiled as he pulled away.

"I'm serious!"Mark said.

"You've said it yourself, soccer is a team sport. We're Raimon. Not the Axel Blaze team."

Mark laughed. "I wouldn't mind if we were just the Axel and Mark team."

Axel kissed Mark on the forehead and then walked away.

"Wha?"

"Come on. The games starting soon."

Mark followed Axel, but his head was clouded again. What had happened to being just friends?