36- he knows

"I don't actually need to go to the bathroom,"Jack confessed.

"Why did you ask us? Specifically us to come out here with you? Do you have something to tell us?"asked Sylvia.

"Yeah, I'm fairly confused,"said Nathan.

"Let's walk into the building the bathrooms are in so they don't suspect us,"Jack said.

Sylvia and Nathan looked at each other. Jack had clearly thought this out.

"I had no idea who to tell this to,"said Jack. "You guys are both good friends of Mark, right?"Jack asked.

Nathan's eyes widened. Could it be? Was Jack the one who saw them?

"Yeah,"Sylvia and Nathan said in unison.

"Mark is gay,"Jack said.

Sylvia giggled. "We all know that. He doesn't try to hide it, you know."

Nathan tried not to react. Jack definitely knew. He just wasn't the best at wording things. He desperately hoped he hadn't told anyone else so that he could swear him to secrecy. For Mark's sake, of course.

Jack looked frustrated. "That's not what I mean."

"Do you not accept that or something? If you don't accept him you might as well leave this team,"Sylvia said angrily. "We don't have room for homophobic pricks here!"

Jack looked upset. "No. Him being gay is fine. I just, eh-"

He stopped and looked at the ground. "I don't know if I should be telling you this."

"Ugh, just spit it out!"Sylvia was pissed off. "We have a match to go to. We don't have all day!"

"I saw Mark and Axel making out with each other last night!"Jack blurted out.

Nathan was shocked, even though he already knew. Just hearing someone else say it was weird. He looked over at Sylvia to see her reaction.

She looked shocked too. "I knew Mark had a crush on him. That much was obvious. But Axel reciprocating? Mark had his first kiss and didn't tell me? I thought I was one of his best friends."

"I didn't want to tell them because they started freaking out when they thought someone was watching them. I just thought you guys were close friends of Mark's, and that you might've already known,"Jack panicked. "I didn't mean to tell on him."

"Just don't tell anyone else,"said Nathan. "Have you told anyone else?"

Sylvia narrowed her eyes at Nathan. "Did you already know before this?"

"Yeah,"said Nathan. "Mark was freaking out all night in case somebody might leak it. Axel must've been too, judging by how tired he is. You really freaked them out, Jack."

"How did you know and not me? Me and Mark have been friends for years. You guys have only been friends a few weeks!"Sylvia said. "Sorry. I'm not trying to sound jealous. I'm just confused."

Nathan looked down. "Just don't tell anyone else. Either of you."

"Should we tell him that we know?"said Sylvia.

"If you want to. Just don't tell anyone else. No matter what,"Nathan said.

"I thought Mark would love everyone to know,"said Sylvia. "This so isn't like him."

"It's not him. It's Axel who doesn't want people to know,"said Nathan. "Whatever you guys do, you can't let Axel know that you know. He isn't ready yet."

"I could've swore he had a thing going on with Nelly Raimon,"Jack mumbled.

"Does he? Is that why he wants to keep the secret?"Sylvia said. "In that case he's a two timing bastard, and they both should know."

"I don't really know. He doesn't talk about that stuff. Just make sure to tell Mark before the match. Put his mind at ease,"said Nathan.

"We will,"said Sylvia.

"I'm glad I told you guys,"said Jack.

"You should've just confronted Mark and Axel by themselves,"said Nathan.

"I'm sorry."

"Why were you going by there anyway?"Nathan asked.

"I felt bad about failing the inazuma drop. So I decided to practice again with Axel because I knew he'd be there,"Jack said.

"Oh,"said Sylvia. "We should head back. They'll be wondering where we've gone by now."

The three of them walked back. Nathan was slightly annoyed that it was Jack that knew. He screwed up.

Now another person who wasn't involved knew, and Jack was kind of ditzy, so if Axel and Mark wanted to keep their situationship secret for much longer they needed to keep an eye on him.