25- half time discussions

"There has to be some explanation for this!"Mark huffed.

"Dragonfly was a fucking idiot,"Axels quiet voice echoed through the clubhouse.

"Ugh!"Kevin slammed his hands down on the table. "Who the fuck gave you the right to say that? I didn't see you scoring any goals out there!"

"I know. I was observing them. Like you all should've been doing,"Axel rolled his eyes.

Jim, Max and Timmy were holding Kevin back from throwing a punch at Axel.

"We're cursed!"Jack yelled.

He tried to run off. Nathan and Sam held him back.

"Curses don't exist. We don't want you running to the bathroom, AGAIN!"Nathan rolled his eyes. "Right, Mark?"

"Then why couldn't I move my damn feet?!"Jack whined.

Nathan gritted his teeth and looked defeated. He looked desperately over at Mark for reassurance.

Mark looked down at the floor. "Um, I don't know yet."

Mark tried not to, but he looked at Axel. He was the only player that was actually somewhat experienced on the team, so he must know an answer. Right?

That's what Mark told himself. He definitely wasn't looking at him because he was shirtless and there was sweat glistening down his forehead and chest. Mark tried not to look. But it was easier said than done.

Axel raised his eyebrows when he realised Mark was looking. Mark went red and looked at the floor.

"Oh!"Mark said.

The whole team looked at him hopefully. Axel grinned. Maybe Mark had finally figured it out?

"Nothing happened to us until their coach started chanting. Do you think that has anything to do with it?"Mark asked.

Celia and Sylvia hadn't spoken during this whole meeting. The whole team, including Mark had forgotten that they were there, until Celia perked up.

"That would make sense! I've never noticed it before, but now that you point it out, yeah!"

Sylvia sighed. "Do you think they put a curse on us?"

"I guess we'll find out in the second half,"Mark sighed. "Keep passing to the forwards I guess. Axel and Kevin? We're depending on you."

Kevin smiled proudly. Axel just reached down and picked his shirt of the floor and put it back on.

As the rest of the team exited the clubhouse to go out on the field for the second half, Axel grabbed Mark's arm.

"Huh?"

"Don't be so loud. Wait here. I need to talk to you,"Axel whispered.

"Why?"

"Alone."

Mark didn't argue. He would give anything for alone time with Axel, but was it worth getting to the field late?

Nobody else noticed the fact that they stayed behind, apart from Nathan. He came back in after everyone left.

Nathan grinned and raised his eyebrows. "Ohh, what are you two up to?"

Mark went red and Axel looked annoyed.

"Get out, Nathan,"said Axel.

"What? Why? Are you doing anything naughty?"Nathan teased.

Axel was firm. "I'm serious, Nathan. Get out. I wanna speak with Mark. Alone."

Nathan grinned at Mark. "If he says so."

He exited the clubhouse. Axel turned to Mark and tried not to smile.

"Even if you hadn't told him, he's not stupid. You're so blatantly obvious,"Axel said.

"What?"Mark was progressively getting redder, if it was even possible.

"I know you've told him, Evans."