45- he says we're just friends

Mark marched angrily up to the opposing team. The rest of the team followed him. They were angry too.

"Cheaters!"Mark yelled.

Thomas Feldt scoffed. "It doesn't matter if we're winning by 10 goals or 1, we're still winning. Keeping on to the ball minimises risk."

"I don't care! Why are you cheating? Blindly following a computer program?"

"A win is a win, Evans."

"You can't enjoy the game if you're just blindly following a computer program!"

"Enjoy the game? That's ridiculous. It's all about winning."

"We'll show you how true soccer is played!"Mark yelled.

"Ok, gay boy."

"Don't bring my sexuality into this!"

Mark saw red as the other team walked away. If he was a more violent person, he definitely would have given Feldt a slap.

"Leave him,"Axel said to the rest of the team.

They all left. Nathan hesitated for a few seconds, but ultimately left too. Axel sat down next to Mark on the floor of the hallway.

"We'll beat them,"said Axel.

"Do you not realise it's not all about winning? They never have fun. Do you not realise how fucked up that is?"Mark said. "I just want to help them."

"I understand that-"

"No. You don't. Don't even pretend. Why did you specifically want to talk?"Mark asked.

"Don't make this complicated, Evans."

"I'm obviously mad about the Brainwashing team cheating. Brainwashing. What kind of name for a school is that?"Mark said. "But I'm also mad about you. You send so many damn mixed signals."

"Stop."

"No. I won't. I always tiptoe around you and desperately hope for something more. But I can't anymore,"said Mark. "Why do you straight up refuse to communicate with me?"

"There's nothing to communicate,"Axel said coldly.

"I tried to make excuses for you at the start. But Nathan's right. An actual straight guy wouldn't act the way you do."

"If Nathan's so right, then why don't you go out with him then?"Axel looked away.

"Shut up. You're jealous now? What happened to being straight, Axel?"

Axel sighed and went quiet. Mark was frustrated. He grabbed Axel's chin.

"I like you,"said Mark. "A lot."

He leaned in and kissed him. Axel was shocked. Mark had never made the first move before.

Still, both of their anger about the situation dissolved as both of them focused on the kiss.

Axel wrapped his arms around Mark's body and pulled him closer.

"You aren't mad anymore?"Mark whispered in between kisses.

"God no."

They kept kissing like that for a while.

"Oh shit!"a girls voice was heard.

Both boys pulled apart.

"Sylvia?"Mark asked nervously.

"Um, sorry for interrupting."

"Breathe a word about this and you're dead,"said Axel.

Mark noticed Axel still had his arms around him. Last time he just jumped off him in a hurry.

"I won't,"she said awkwardly. "Uh, the second half is starting."

She walked away and back onto the pitch. Axel quickly got up and helped Mark up too.

"Are we going to do this again later?"Mark asked nervously.

Axel shrugged. "I don't know. But based on our track record, we probably are."

Mark laughed. "Ok."