57- ray dark

"Hey,"said Celia. "Where's Nelly?"

"She hates the way trains smell, apparently,"Sylvia laughed.

Axel butted in. "Typical Nelly. She asked me to come with her."

"Why didn't you?"asked Celia. "It sounds great to me. Air conditioning, other things."

"I don't know, I'd rather be here,"Axel smiled.

Sylvia and Celia both smiled as Axel took his seat next to Mark.

"Hey,"he said.

"You usually sit alone."

"I know. I'd just rather sit beside you."

"Axel! That's so cute!"

Axel looked down. "I can't wait for this game."

"Stop trying to change the subject. You said something slightly nice to me!"

"I say nice things to you all the time, Mark."

"Like when?"

Nathan watched their flirty banter from the other side of the bus. He could've just sat next to them, but he felt like he was interrupting something.

"You don't have to be so obviously away from them, you know,"Kevin said.

"I get car sick."

"I've literally never seen you get car sick."

"Do you not know how embarrassing it is to vomit all over someone?"

Kevin looked disgusted.

"I didn't think so."

"I would pay money to see that,"Kevin laughed. "Who did you vomit on?"

"Miles."

"I don't understand how that girl is still in love with you. You vomit on her, ignore her, make excuses not to hang out with her and she still likes you,"Kevin laughed.

"That's not really my problem,"Nathan shrugged.

"Why are you being so standoffish? You should be happy. We got a coach, and now we're going to kick Royal's ass!"

"I know. I am. I just feel sick,"Nathan sighed.

"Ok. I'll leave you alone,"said Kevin as he walked away back to his own seat.

Nathan wasn't technically lying. He did get car sick. But his sickness was a mixture of that and of anxiety.

**********

"That looks like a castle!"Kevin gasped.

"That's the Royal Academy complex. You know the building in the middle? That's where we're going to play."

"Wow,"said Mark. "What a cool place."

"Be careful,"Mr Hillman said. "You don't know what they have planned."

The whole team nodded.

*********

"This is our locker room guys!"Mark said.

When he was about to open the door, Jude appeared behind it.

"Hey, what are you doing here! Did you put something weird in there?!"Kevin yelled.

"No. It's safe. I checked,"Jude said coldly as he walked away.

"What were you even doing in there!!"

"Calm down, Kevin. He's not that kind of guy,"Mark said.

"I apologise for distracting you."

Jude walked away, but Mark could tell the look on his face too well. He was probably monologuing.