29- dingy alleyway

"Dragon Tornado might not work after all?"Sam said in disbelief.

"We'll just make a new move!"Mark cheered. "We can use it as a bonding activity."

Some team members rolled their eyes. Others seemed more on board with the idea.

"Sure, it can't hurt,"Kevin said. "Come on guys."

Suddenly everyone agreed. Because nobody was stupid enough to disagree with Kevin. Well, most of the time.

*********

Somehow, Nathan and Mark had managed to convince Axel to join them that night on the hill.

"If we don't make a new shot soon, we'll be absolutely destroyed,"Nathan said.

"Absolutely,"said Axel. "Why the hell did you two bring me up here? Is this some scheme?"

"No-"Nathan covered Mark's mouth.

"Mark, honey, it's impolite to talk and eat at the same time, especially on front of our new friend. I just want to sus you out Axel. Mark just wants to hang out with you."

Axel narrowed his eyes at Mark. Mark nearly choked on his water.

"I wanna talk about soccer,"Mark's eyes watered.

"Yeah sure,"Nathan and Axel both rolled their eyes.

They looked at each other after they said that with shock.

"We're so, connected,"Nathan looked at him.

"Don't get excited, dumbass,"Axel said.

Mark's stomach rumbled.

"Did you give all your sandwiches to Axel?"Nathan grinned.

Axel frowned. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry."

"It's fine don't worry about it,"Mark said.

His stomach groaned louder.

"No,"Axel sighed. "It's not. Listen, i'll buy you food."

Nathan grinned. "I'll take my leave."

He winked at Mark as he walked off.

Axel grabbed Mark's hand. "Come on. I'll take you to my favourite noodle bar!"

They ran through town. Axel was surprisingly fast, and Mark was finding it difficult to keep up, even though he was athletic too.

"Slow down!"Mark yelled.

"You need to quicken your pace. If you're this slow we'll never win against Wild,"Axel said.

Mark couldn't disagree with him. He was technically right. Still, his head was all muddled up. Was this a date? Or was Axel just being nice?

Mark tried to calm down, as it was most likely the latter. But if it was a friend thing, Axel would have insisted that Nathan join, so that he didn't get the wrong idea.

******

"Two noodles please,"Axel handed his money to the guy behind the counter. "Keep the change."

"Show off,"Mark joked.

The guy handed them their noodles.

"Shit, these really are good, you're right!"

Axel grinned. "I'm always right."

Axel discreetly passed Mark a flask under the table.

"Drink."

"Ok." Mark blindly trusted Axel.

Mark gagged.

"Eww, this is disgusting. Are you playing a prank on me?"

Axel laughed quietly and whispered,"You mean to tell me you've never tried vodka before?"

"Um, that's illegal,"said Mark.

"Evans, I know. You're so damn innocent,"Axel looked him up and down.

Not here.

"We're leaving,"Axel said.

"Hey! I'm not done!"Mark yelled.

"I don't care, we're leaving,"Mark could feel Axels hot breath on his ear.

He decided to listen to him, before he went extremely red and embarrassed himself in public.

He looked at himself on the reflection of the metal counter, and he could see he was pink. Shit. Axel could breathe a certain way and Mark would be hot and bothered.

Axel looked around and took Mark's hand and led him down an abandoned alleyway.

"Are you gonna murder me?"Mark asked, gritting his teeth.

Even he thought this was a stupid question, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Axel rolled his eyes and laughed. "What gave you that impression?"

"Look around!"

"Yeah, I guess it does look a bit dodgy,"Axel giggled. "Nobody in their right mind would come down here."

Mark could smell the vodka on his breath.

"How much of that stuff have you drank?"Mark asked.

"It doesn't really matter,"Axel grinned.

"But-"

Axel put his finger on Marks lips. "Shush."

He slammed Mark into the wall and pressed his mouth against his. Mark froze. This was his first kiss. And it was in a dingy alleyway.

Axel guided Marks hands to around his waist, and Mark started kissing him back. The feeling was addictive, and Mark never wanted to stop.