47- an unexpected crush

"Only one person can come in the taxi home with me,"said Axel. "Who wants to?"

"Mark!"Sylvia and Nathan yelled.

Mark had to hide a grin. "You guys are weird."

"So weird."

They both got in the taxi and it drove off.

"They like each other. It's so obvious,"Celia said, as soon as they were out of earshot.

"What, really?"said Nathan, trying to act clueless.

"How do you know?"asked Sylvia.

"Yeah. It doesn't really make any sense. Just because Mark is gay doesn't mean you have to ship him with random guys,"said Kevin.

"No. I have a good gaydar,"said Celia.

Nathan narrowed his eyes at her. "Oh, really?"

"How? Aren't you straight?"Sylvia asked.

"Yeah. But my brother is gay,"she said quietly.

"I didn't know you had a brother!"said Sylvia.

"We don't really talk anymore,"Celia said. "That doesn't matter. I get gay vibes from a lot of people you wouldn't expect."

Nathan tried not to freak out.

"Like who?"asked Kevin.

Celia looked over at Nathan. "Him."

Nobody looked shocked. Except maybe Kevin.

"Well? Are you?"Celia asked.

"Yes. I am. I'm gay. Is that what you wanted to hear, Celia?"Nathan said angrily.

"I don't get why you're so mad,"she said.

"Yeah, Celia. You should probably shouldn't out people,"said Sylvia.

"He told you? I had no idea you guys were even friends,"said Kevin.

"Don't tell anyone,"Nathan grumbled. "I swear you come out to one person and everyone automatically knows. Did you tell her, Sylvia?"

"No!"

"She didn't. I just knew,"Celia said.

Kevin patted Nathan on the shoulder. "Yeah it is kind of obvious."

"How so? How?"Nathan asked angrily.

"It's the way you look at Mark,"said Kevin.

"What? He's just my friend. I don't feel that way about him at all,"said Nathan. "Why does everyone think I like him?"

Sylvia and Celia looked at each other.

"It's just, the way you look at him,"said Sylvia.

"I wish someone could look at me like that,"Celia said.

Nathan crossed his arms. "I don't like him. If I liked him would I be giving him advice to get with Axel all the time?"

"You don't give him any advice. You just let him vent about Axel to you, and Axel seems to allow it,"said Sylvia. "If you had the chance to kiss him you definitely would."

"Wouldn't everyone?"Nathan shrugged.

The three of them shook their heads. "No?"

"Kevin, you don't count. You're straight,"said Nathan.

"Who said that? I'd kiss the right guy,"Kevin laughed.

The three of them kept staring at Nathan.

"As much as you pretend to be happy for them, I can tell you're not,"said Celia.

"I know we have a joke together that you 'live vicariously through them' but I think you wish you were Axel,"said Sylvia.

"Who wouldn't want to make someone fall for you after one glance?"asked Nathan. "Nobody's ever liked me like that."

"That's not true,"said Kevin. "That girl from your track team is pretty much obsessed with you."

"She doesn't count!"Nathan yelled.

"Just because someone you're not interested in likes you doesn't mean it doesn't count,"said Kevin. "By that logic, no girl has ever liked me."

The two girls laughed, and Nathan glowered at them.

"Whatever. But that doesn't mean I like him."

"If you say so!"the three of them said.