48- weird dreams

"So,"said Mark. "About earlier?"

"Do you wanna do it again?"Axel grinned.

Mark wanted to protest and talk about where they were at, and whether Axel viewed this as a friends with benefits kind of thing or a boyfriend kind of thing.

But it was hard to pass up a good make out session, so Mark responded with a simple, "Sure."

Soon enough they were kissing again. They were as close as they could be while still having their seatbelts on.

They both were thankful that the taxi driver didn't say anything.

Both of them felt fluffy inside. Every kiss led them wanting more of each other.

Too soon, the taxi pulled up outside Axels house.

"You guys are here,"said the driver.

Axel handed the taxi driver more money. "Here. Take him home too."

"You lied!"Mark grinned. "You technically weren't supposed to bring anyone!"

"Is it so bad that I just wanted an excuse to do that again?"

Axel's dad was waiting outside, so they couldn't kiss goodbye, so Mark just waved until he felt his arm was about to fall off.

He felt grateful for the taxi drivers silence. He just took out his phone and texted Nathan about it, while Nathan fangirled about it with him.

***********

"My feelings have been changing lately,"Mark confessed.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not really interested in Axel anymore."

"What?"Nathan was surprised. "I thought you were obsessed with him?"

"I was,"Mark shrugged as he looked out at the beautiful sunset. "But it was because I couldn't see what was right on front of me."

"Dude, why are you being so cryptic?"Nathan sighed. "It's not as if you guys are in a relationship. You can just cut it off."

Mark reached out and tucked a strand of Nathan's greenish blue hair behind his ear.

Suddenly Nathan's heart started to race. What did this mean?

"God I've never really looked at you like this before,"Mark said wistfully.

"What?"

Mark caressed Nathan's face. "You're so pretty."

He leaned in and kissed him. Nathan was taken aback. What was this feeling? Why was he enjoying this?

He kissed Mark back, and pulled him in as close as he could.

When Mark pulled away, Nathan laughed.

"I don't think pretty is a word people usually use to describe me."

**********

Nathan woke up in a cold sweat. He panicked. Why was he having a dream about Mark?

Well, he often had dreams about Mark. But usually they were stupid ones, like Mark getting eaten by a dragon, or accidentally spending all of Nathan's money on noodles.

But not like this.

"It's fine,"Nathan muttered to himself. "People dream about their friends all the time. It's normal."

But still, he was shaken. He hoped this didn't mean anything.

"Sylvia, Celia and Kevin were just putting ideas in my head. You dream about things that you think about a lot, right?"Nathan whispered to himself.

He checked his phone. 3:33. There was still time to sleep before he had to get up for school.

Still, he couldn't sleep. He spent the rest of the night tossing and turning, trying not to think about his dream.

It wasn't that deep. Right?