10- a new ace!

Willy Glass was the only player left to take Raimon's kickoff. Sylvia and Celia had their heads in their hands.

"This has quickly turned to shit, hasn't it?"Sylvia said.

Coach Wintersea had stopped bothering them about their language. He seemed completely zoned out. That's how much Raimon had disappointed him.

"No!"Willy started crying. "I don't want to be a star anymore!"

He ran dramatically off the field and threw his jersey on to the ground beside Axel's tree.

"For fuck sake!"Axel heard Celia yell.

The jersey was right there. As much as he didn't want to admit it, especially to Mark, he did want to play. Badly.

It was as if fate had lead him here.

Meanwhile on the field, Jude walked over to the ball.

"How pitiful. Just surrender already, Evans,"he grinned.

Mark wanted to reach up and slap the smile off his face. But he didn't want to be disqualified.

Jude and the rest of his team started laughing in his face. Mark absolutely despised them.

He got up, and pain shot through every nerve in his body.

"This isn't over. Not yet. Not by a long shot."

Axel stared at Mark and Jude. Their back and forth banter. He noticed that Jude and his friends had started kicking the ball at Mark again.

He had to resist. He was sure he despised Royal just as much as Mark did in this moment. But was he going to do anything about it?

"Royal just scored another goal! They are now leading by 20!"Axel heard Chester's loud voice boom.

This was it. The last straw. He couldn't just stand there and watch Royal kick the shit out of Mark. Even though he found him annoying.

"Please forgive me, Yuuka. Just this once,"Axel muttered under his breath.

Axel snatched the Jersey up off the ground and put it on. This was it. He walked down onto the pitch.

Jude grinned at Axel. Axel shot him a dirty look back.

"He's not on the soccer club!"Coach Wintersea yelled.

"Relax,"Jude grinned. "I'll allow it."

The referee looked confused. "Ok, he can play, since the Royal players have agreed to it!"

Mark lifted his head off the ground and looked at Axel. He was even better looking than he remembered. He knew he could count on Axel. Ok, he didn't, but he was super happy to see him nonetheless.

Mark ran up to Axel and grabbed his shirt.

"Axel! You took your sweet time!"

Mark was still incredibly weak so he fell over and dragged Axel down with him.

Axel didn't even look pissed off.

"Are you ok?"he grabbed Mark around his waist.

Mark grinned. He felt electric. "Yeah. But you could've come a little earlier."

He was tempted to say 'yeah, now that you're here,' but he felt it might be a little much. And it might scare him off, which he absolutely did not want.

Axel just smiled at him. A sweet smile. Like he actually cared. Mark's stomach was filled with butterflies. For a second, he didn't even care if he lost the game. He just wanted to make out with him on the spot.

Axel helped him up.

"Looks like Raimon has a new ace! Axel Blaze!"Chester Horace yelled.

"This is it,"they heard Jude say under his breath. "This is what we've been waiting for."