16- rumours

Celia and Sylvia gathered the whole team. They thought it was important if everyone heard about this.

"So? What are these rumours, then?"Mark said jokingly.

"The main one i've heard is that after playing against Occult, all of the players on the opposite team broke into a high fever and collapsed,"Celia gritted her teeth.

"They, what?!"Nathan looked horrified.

Celia nodded.

"Whenever Occult is losing, a howling wind will blow until the game is called off, apparently,"Celia continued. "And whenever anyone tries to score against them, their legs will suddenly stop moving."

Jack heaved. "I think I need to go to the bathroom!"

He ran off.

"It's not true. It's just urban legends,"Mark reassured everyone.

"It might be true,"said Jim.

"Sounds like we need Axel,"Timmy and Todd said.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! You don't need Axel!"Kevin yelled. "All you need is me!"

"We do kind of need Axel though,"said Max.

"Yeah,"said Sam,"If he didn't score a goal there wouldn't be a team right now."

"Come on, guys. You can't give up everything for some stupid rumour. They probably made it up themselves to make themselves seem more scary, or something,"said Mark.

"I hope that's true,"said Nathan with a worried look on his face.

Mark smiled and gave him a hug. "Don't believe the rumours. We'll be fine."

He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I will convince Axel to be on this team."

Nathan pulled away. "I sure hope so!"he said nervously.

"Ok guys!"Mark yelled,"Let's keep practicing!"

The whole team yelled back and they all ran out onto the field.

"I hope what Mark is saying is true,"Sylvia said.

"Me too,"said Celia.