86- new beginnings

That evening, when Mark finally left the hospital to leave Axel and his father to be alone with Julia, he met up with Nathan at the top of the hill.

"I can't believe you got him to come back. He was so emotionless when Nelly and I went."

"It was upsetting at first. But then it was so romantic! And then his sister woke up from her coma when we got home. It's like the universe sent me to bring him home to see her,"said Mark.

Nathan smiled. He felt genuinely happy for Mark. His feelings had gotten easier to deal with now that Mark knew. It was like he had gotten the closure he had needed.

From the kiss and Mark knowing, and seeing how happy Mark was around Axel.

"I hope I find somebody that loves me as much as you and Axel love each other someday,"Nathan said wistfully.

"You will!"Mark sighed. "I thought I'd be single forever."

"How could you? You're a catch, Mark!"

Mark laughed. "Oh, stop it."

****

When Mark got home that evening, even his parents could notice that he was in a better mood. Like there was an extra spring in his step.

"Hi, Mark,"his mother said. "Training went well?"

"Yeah,"Mark smiled.

"How well did it go? I haven't seen you smile since your game against Kirkwood!"

"My boyfriend came back,"Mark grinned. "And his sister woke up from her coma. So I was in the hospital with him for most of the day."

"His sister was in a coma? You don't tell me anything anymore, Mark,"his mother shook her head. "I'm happy that you're happy though, Mark. But it does hurt me to see you get so upset over a boy. You must inherit that from me."

"It's a good thing that you married me then!"Mark's dad piped up.

Mark's mother laughed. "I suppose I could do a lot worse than you."

"Hey!"

Mark just smiled. "I'm happy. Plus, we have better chances in the game now that he's back. He is our star striker, after all."

"We took time off work to attend your final,"his parents said in unison. "No pressure or anything, but you better win."

Mark just grinned. "I will! Now that Axel's back, nobody, and I mean nobody will get in my way!"

"That's the spirit, son,"his mother said proudly.