13- meeting

The next day, Mark, the team and Sylvia had a meeting in the soccer clubhouse. They were still on a high from the win. Ok, technically it wasn't a win, because Royal forfeited. But the school considered it a win.

"So,"Mark stood at a little desk, with Nathan at his right and Sylvia at his left, that he called a  podium,"We need to cover our weak spots after the Royal game. They really gave me a good idea what they are."

"Stamina and endurance. We have none,"Max sighed.

The whole team sighed.

"Sorry, did I hit a nerve?"

"Just continue your talk, Mark,"Nathan said.

"So this is my plan,"Mark said, drawing it on his whiteboard.

"I'm not the ace striker?!"Willy yelled.

"You're lucky to be on the team at all, deserter,"Steve said.

Willy crossed his arms and sulked. "It was a strategic withdrawal. You did win because of me, didn't you."

"You always have to make it about yourself, don't you?"Nathan sighed.

"Oh shut up! You know i'm right!"Willy yelled indignantly.

Mark glared at him. "Stop. Why do you always have to have the last word in? Just listen to me! We're going to get nowhere if you guys don't just shut up and listen!"

"Why isn't Axel at the meeting?"Sam asked.

"You saw his little display,"Kevin said angrily. "He doesn't want to be on this team, and that's fine by me! We don't need him!"

"We won because of him-"

"Shut up!"Kevin yelled.

"Someone touched a nerve,"Max giggled.

"Oh shut up! I'll show you that I'm better than Axel Blaze!"Kevin yelled.

"Calm down, Kevin,"said Nathan.

"He said he's not playing again, so why are you still relying on him? Just take his word!"Kevin said.

"But I think I can still convince him,"Mark said.

"Oh, not you too,"Kevin sighed. "Be realistic here, Mark."

All of a sudden the door opened. It was Nelly Raimon.

The whole clubhouse looked at her in disgust. Mark had told them she had tried to disband their club. But even before that people didn't like her because she was a spoiled brat who thought that she was over the rules.

"Eww it stinks in here,"Nelly sighed.

Everyone tried to bite their tongues. It wasn't a good idea to put Nelly in her place. Her dad was the chairman, after all. Messing with her could get you detention for a whole year.

"Whose idea was it to let that bitch in here?"Kevin snarled.

Someone didn't give Kevin the memo. You weren't supposed to be mean to Nelly's face. You were supposed to talk about her behind her back like everyone else. Duh.

"She probably has something to say,"Sylvia said.

"Thank you,"she shot a dirty look at Kevin,
"Your victory against Royal helped you boys escape the garbage can."

Mark smiled at her. He didn't like her, but he was trying to give her a chance. After all, she did have the authority to enter the team in the soccer frontier, even though she was only the same age as them. Nepotism at its finest.

"Anyways, what I came here to tell you is, your next game has already decided. You'll be playing against Occult High."