77- rich people are...

Nelly's house was everything that Nathan had imagined and more. She even had a doorman for goodness sake.

"Hello? I have business with Nelly. I have to see her,"Nathan panted.

The doorman scoffed. "Young man, Nelly does not have time for suitors."

"I'm not a suitor! I'm gay!"

Nathan was surprised at how much easier that was getting to say to people.

"And? What business would a friend have seeing Nelly at this time of the night? Any friend would know that Nelly has had a long day."

"Fine, I'll call her,"Nathan huffed.

He did not have much confidence that the curly haired brunette would even answer his calls.

After he had called her twice, she answered. "Nathan. What do you need me for outside business hours?"

"Business hours?"Nathan scoffed until he remembered who he was talking to. "I need to discuss something team related with you actually."

"Could you not discuss it with somebody else?"Nelly sounded bored.

"You're the only person I can think of that would be able to help me. It's about Axel and Mark."

"Where are you now?"

"Outside your front door. Tell your doorman to let me in,"said Nathan.

"Fine. Give me a second."

Nelly hung up. Immediately after, the doorman's phone began ringing.

"Let the boy in,"Nelly said authoritatively.

"You may proceed,"the doorman said.

Nathan entered the grand house, and Nelly was in the foyer. "Come with me,"she said as she beckoned him to follow her.

Her house was more like a hotel. She led him to a suite of rooms, and offered him a seat on a big leather couch. She sat beside him.

"So, what is this about?"Nelly asked.

"In the note Axel left Mark, he told him that he was gone staying with family and to not contact him,"Nathan said. "Then he literally stole Axel's dad's phone and called him."

"Ok? Are you not happy? Don't think that I didn't notice you lusting over Mark."

Nathan went red,"What?!"

"Don't fake your surprise! I swear everybody knows how obvious you're being except Mark. And you, clearly. We just don't say anything because we're nice."

"Ok fine. I like Mark. But he's so miserable, and I hate it. We need to get Axel back. Also, we need him for the final game. We just about beat Kirkwood without him."

"I'm shocked that you're not trying to swoop in and take him while Axel is gone."

Nathan went red.

"Don't tell me that you tried and it didn't work?!"Nelly cackled.

"Axel said to find somebody else. And I asked if he was going to. And then he cursed me out,"said Nathan. "Plus, he loves Axel. He's miserable without him. Also, from a team standpoint, we're absolutely going to lose the final if Axel isn't there. Because then Mark will be preoccupied and we're nothing without a good goalkeeper."

"All that is true, yes,"Nelly said,"But what do you want me to do about it?"

"Track him down! Drag him back here if you have to! You're kinda friends with him, aren't you? If anybody can find out where he is, it's you!"

Nelly played with one of her curls. "You're too sweet."

"It's for the best interest for the team. Maybe the chairman would know where he went? His parents would have to inform the school if he's truly leaving for the next 2 months."

"It depends, Nathan. The school only needs to know where he is if he's still enrolled. If he enrolled elsewhere, it's going to be much harder to find him,"Nelly said, picking at her fingernails. "I'll have to use other methods."

Nathan's eyes widened. "Like what?"

"You say that he called him from his dad's phone, right? I can steal the phone and track the call. Even better if they've called since,"said Nelly.

"How would you manage that?"

"I'd Mark managed to get his phone, I can too,"Nelly said mischievously. "You're underestimating how rich I am. All I need to do is bribe a police officer, and then I can track his phone. For that method though, its best to wait a few days, to make sure his location is exact, you know?"

"What the fuck, Nelly?"

"You said you wanted to find him, right? I will exhaust every avenue to do that. Even if it's illegal. My money is an asset. I'm going to use it,"Nelly said casually.

"That's a last resort, right?"

"Yeah, that would be unnecessarily difficult. If I can get the chairman to talk to his dad and find out where Axel is, that would be easier. But if he doesn't give up the information,"Nelly shrugged and grinned,"I'll have to get it through other means."

Nathan gritted his teeth. While Nelly's complete disregard for the law was a bit scary, Nathan could allow it, as it was for Mark's happiness.

"When is the earliest you can get started on this?"Nathan added.

"Tomorrow,"Nelly grinned. "Don't worry, Nathan. Axel will be found. Whether he wants to be, or not."