40- find forgiveness

"INAZUMA DROP!"

A blue aura formed around the ball as it launched itself into the net. The final whistle blew.

The whole team cheered. They had won. Axel's footprints were still fresh on Jack's chest. He wouldn't admit it, but he kicked Jack super hard, out of anger.

Still, the shot worked, so it didn't matter that much. Axel was exhausted and couldn't wait to catch up on sleep. But he was happy that he had won.

He had won for his little sister, and of course, the team.

"That was a nice one, Jack,"Axel said, with as much kindness as he could possibly muster.

Jack smiled back at him. But all Axel felt was anger, and annoyance. It pissed him off so much that it hadn't occurred to Jack to just talk to them directly, instead of involving another person. Even though Sylvia wasn't the worst person in the world to be involved.

"I told you that you could do it Jack!"Mark yelled from goals.

He ran up to him and gave him a high five, and flinched. Jack didn't seem to notice and just walked off to talk to his younger brother.

"You okay, Evans?"Axel asked. "Your hand looks sore."

Mark hugged Axel tightly. "I'm fine. You did such a good job out there."

Axel couldn't help but smile. "You did too. I heard some of the other players saying that you carry this whole team on your back."

"And they'd be right! He does!"Nathan yelled as he came over. "Well done! Both of you!"

"Jack had an equal part in this. No matter how mad we are at him,"said Mark.

"I congratulated him already,"said Axel.

"I noticed that you kicked him extra hard, Axel. I think you guys should talk-"

"Shut up, Nathan,"said Axel.

"Stop being so mean. You know he's right,"Mark pulled away from the hug. "This will all blow over."

"You just don't get it, do you?"Axel sighed.

"I clearly don't,"said Mark. "Can you stop ruining the moment? Can we just be happy?"

Axel wanted to argue more, but he knew Mark was right, and swallowed his pride.

"Sorry for being a prick, Nathan!"he called over.

"An apology from Axel Blaze himself?"Nathan said jokingly.

Axel just smiled at him. As he was walking away, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"An ice pack,"said Nelly.

"I think Mark needs this more than me,"Axel said.

"I know. But I think you should give it to him,"Nelly sighed.

"Why?"

"I think it would mean more to him from you than from me,"said Nelly.

Axel smiled. "Oh. Thanks, Nelly."

"I mean, it's also an excuse to talk to you. You can talk to me any time you know,"she said. "I notice there's been a rift in you and Mark's friendship."

Axel rolled his eyes. "No. We aren't even friends."

"Don't even pretend,"said Nelly. "Do you know Mark is gay?"

Axel pretended to act shocked. "Yeah I do. It's pretty obvious. Why does it matter?"

"I think he might have a little crush on you,"said Nelly.

"Maybe. It doesn't matter anyway, since I'm straight,"Axel said.

Of course, this statement was probably a lie.

Nelly sighed. "Oh ok."

"Why do you seem sad?"asked Axel. "Isn't being straight a good thing?"

"I know it probably sounds selfish, but I was secretly hoping you were gay. Maybe that would explain why you didn't like me,"Nelly confessed.

"Erm, sometimes you have to accept that not everyone's going to like you like that and that's ok,"said Axel. "You're still pretty though."

Nelly smiled and hugged Axel.

"Sorry for pressuring you,"said Nelly. "I'll stop walking you to school now. That was a bit stalker like, so I apologise."

"No, you can still walk me to school. It's nice to have the company,"Axel smiled.

Nelly smiled back. "So it's agreed."

"Yeah. Nelly Raimon, I would love to walk to school with you. As friends of course, and nothing more."

"If we had drinks we could do a toast,"she said.

"Maybe,"said Axel. "I should probably get this ice pack to Mark before it melts."

"Good idea."

As he walked off, she spoke again.

"Axel?"

"Yeah?"

"Tell the others i'll be taking over as manager of the soccer club!"