38- she wishes she didn't know

Before they got out of the bus, Mark told Axel to meet him at the changing rooms a few minutes before the game. He didn't expect the conversation with Sylvia to go on for that long.

"Hey,"said Sylvia. "Can we talk? I feel like we haven't in a while."

Of course, Sylvia didn't know that Nathan had told Mark everything.

"Sure. Let's go somewhere quiet,"Mark said, his stomach churning with anxiety. "This place is like a jungle!"

"I suppose it's called Wild for a reason!"Sylvia awkwardly joked.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Mark started talking.

"I know you know about me and Axel,"Mark said.

"I don't know why you didn't tell me sooner,"said Sylvia.

"He told me not to tell anyone. I feel horrible about all of you knowing behind his back. Can you imagine people talking about you like this? Like you're the newest form of entertainment!"

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't know,"Sylvia said. "I just-"

"I don't blame you. I blame Jack. Why did he need to tell you?"Mark said angrily.

"It's not my fault you guys are so damn insecure about your relationship!"Sylvia said. "I didn't pry at all. I found out by chance. I was dragged into this against my will!"

"I'm sorry. I worded that meanly. But you know what I mean,"said Mark. "I wanted to be the one to tell you. After he was ready."

Sylvia swallowed. "It just hurts. I thought you were being distant because of something bad I did."

"I wanted to tell you. You are one of my best friends,"Mark said. "I just needed to respect his wishes, you know?"

"What are you guys, anyway? I tried to pry the information out of Nathan, but he swore he didn't know,"said Sylvia.

"I don't know either. I just know I like him. And I can't lose him. This absolutely can't get leaked,"Mark ran his hands through his hair.

"I won't leak the information. Nathan stressed that enough."

"I'm not scared about you leaking it. I know you'd never purposely hurt me like that. But you know Jack. He isn't the brightest. I'm worried about him,"Mark confessed.

"I understand."

"Sorry to cut this conversation short, but I asked Axel to meet. I have to tell him about all this. I can't just keep him out of the loop while we all talk about him behind his back,"said Mark. "It's wrong."

Sylvia smiled sadly. "I hope it goes well for you. If the conversation goes on a long time, i'll just say you guys are gone somewhere to get water and to wait, okay?"

Mark hugged Sylvia. "Thank you so much!"

He left soon after, and ran through the trees to the changing room. Sylvia sighed. What the hell was this situation she was dragged into?