1. The Bumpy Ride to A Happy Ending Begins

Lisa's POV

A knock on the door of my apartment breaks my focus from my favourite kdrama I am watching.

"Who can be here this early in the day?" I mumble while glancing at the clock on the wall opposite me.

It is only 7 in the morning now. Must be the postman.

Knock. Knock

"Aish! I am coming."

I see through the peephole only to get my guess wrong. It is not a postman, it is my manager Ms. Kim or Jaerim Unnie.

I open the door with a wide smile.

"Good Morning, Unnie. What's up?" I ask cheerfully as my grumpiness from earlier fades away.

She is just like my sister Rose.

"Good Morning Lili, I am extremely good after receiving this last night." She says while showing an envelope in front of me.

"And I am sure, you are going to be on cloud nine." She says grinning from ear to ear while wiggling her eyebrows.

"What is it? Tell me Unnie." I follow her like a lost puppy after closing the door as she is making her way to the dining table to drink some water.

"Wait Lili, let me have some water first."

I nod and head to the kitchen to make some coffee for the two of us.

After 10 minutes,

I walk out of the kitchen and head towards Jaerim Unnie to hand her the coffee.

"Yah Lisa, sometimes I really forget that you are an actress and even the best one." She says while smiling

"And why is that?" I ask jokingly putting my hand on my chest to feign as if I am hurt.

"Aish pabo! Because you are so kind. You are not one of those bratty actresses who look down at people because of your position in the entertainment industry like that Tzyou." She says while making an expression of disgust at the name 'Tzuyu'.

Tzuyu is, you can say, my rival. She is also at the top like me. And yes, she is besutiful and is awesome at her work. No doubt. But she is kind of bully here in our entertainment industry. And no, she can't bully me. Why? Because she takes me as her competition as I have been the best actress for the last three years. But still that doesn't stop her from threatening me 'I will ruin your career.'

"Unnie, you are exaggerating now." I say shaking my head at her.

"I am not. You don't realise it that you are an angel, so down to earth. Even your fans see it. That is why they love you so much." She counters back while squeezing my hand.

"And I love them. It is because of them only that I am here. I really appreciate their support. I will be forever grateful to them." I say as I can see the moments of fans screaming 'We love you Lisa' flashing in my mind.

"See, you are really an angel if it would have been someone like Tzuyu, this would be her practiced speech after receiving an award. But still she would not be as real genuine as you. Anyways there is no way she will get an award when my Angel Li is here."

I smile sheepishly at the compliment.

I mean, yes, I like compliments but not fake ones. And Unnie is always genuine.

"Speaking of awards, you have 5 nominations incliding the Best actress for 4 years in a row. I am proud of you."

"Are you serious Unnie?" I ask after keeping my coffee on the table infront of us.