39. The Truth Is Finally Out

Third Person's POV

"Your contract marraige, you annoying ass!"

As Jin finishes saying this, Lisa feels as if all the air has been sucked out of her lungs.

Her eyes are so wide right now as if they are gonna pop out of her sockets. She turns to look at Jungkook whose face has the same stoic expression from before.

Not even a slightest change.

As if he was expecting this.

Lisa just stares blankly at him with only one thought in her mind.

This is going to be the end..

At this thought, her expression changes from one of shock to that of aggrieved state of mind.

Jungkook feels her gaze and turns his head to look at her, only to see her as if she is about to lose control of her emotions. He makes his gaze lock onto hers. Lisa's tears have started to fill up her eyes.

Jungkook blink his eyes at her as if to say,

I won't let anything wrong happen to you

Just like how alpha wolves have their minds linked, it seems like Lisa and Jungkook have theirs linked for the fact that Lisa has been able to interpret his intentions.

She also blinks her eyes at him with a little tilt of her head as if to say,

I believe you, Jungkook.

This action makes his lips curl a little but then their attention is diverted to a raging bull in the room.

"Jungkook, is there anything you want to say?" Jin grits through his teeth, feeling his blood boiling up.

Jungkook maintains his usual poker face.

Namjoon is also angry at the maknae but being the most sought out person out of all seven of them, he steps forward to put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and asks him in a calm yet firm voice, "Will you let us see the truth? We all know you very well. Just speak, you have the right to defend yourself at the time of being accused."

Jungkook just stares ahead at Jin who is not wanting to meet the eyes of this traitor who not only lied to them but also broke their trust.

They have been together for the last ten years, together through thick amd thin. Jin had always been the most caring one, teaching them what is right and what is not. Although on the surface, he might appear as a calm and carefree person but once someone evokes his anger, he is sure to make them repent their mistake and this time Jungkook is no exception.

Noticing that no one is willing to break the tense and silent atmosphere, Hobi speaks to Lisa, "Lisa.."

Lisa lifts her eyelashes to look at him.

Hobi swears he felt his heart break when he saw tears threatening to fall from the eyes of the girl who he has considered as his sister, the girl who he had happily agreed in his heart that this is the angel who can light up the life of their devil maknae.

He sighs but speaks again, "Lisa..Jungkook won't tell us anything, why don't you tell us from the very beginning because we all know you are the kindest girl we've ever met." He says all this with a gentle yet serious tone. All of the people in the room look at him and agree with him except Jungkook who has his eyes on Lisa.

"Lili.." Tae speaks in a low voice as he approaches her and puts his hands on both of her shoulders, "We are friends, right? I was very happy to have you as my sister-in-law but I don't know what I did wrong to have this type to treachery  from the only best friend-cum-sister." He takes a deep breath but continues, "I am not blaming you for anything Lili but I feel hurt," He turns to look at Jungkook with hurt and rage in his eyes, "I feel hurt to know that the maknae who we always considered as our little brother has grown up to be so conceited, so selfish-", Unable to control his anger, he lunges to punch Jungkook in the face.