38. Liskook In A Tight Spot

Lisa's POV

True to Jungkook's words, we reach the hospital within ten minutes where the dean, the director and six other senior doctors, all clad in white coats wait at the entrance for the arrival of their owner. I know them because this hosptital and its other branches are known for its outstanding service and care to its patients and recently, this hospital chain has been granted the honour for the best private hospital in the country by the president but what I didn't know that Jungkook owns this chain.

Is there anything and I mean anything.. that he doesn't own?

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon-"

"How is Wang Haru?" Jungkook, who simply just walked ahead with me beside him and the people in waiting behind him, doesn't pay any mind to the director of the hospital who has been just cut off greeting right now as he has fired a question of his own to one of the senior doctors.

Dr. Jung Jongin
Sr. Ortho Surgeon

This is what is written on his clean and shiny golden badge. But the poor doctor who has been just caught off guard by his actual owner and the richest man in the country looks like a lost child. I mean I don't blame him because if I had been in his shoes, I definitely would have been thrown off guard with Jungkook's hard and cold voice laced with undisguised authority and intimidation.

But soon enough, the senior doctor regains his composure and answers him like a student answering his teacher, "Mr. Jeon, Mrs. Wang's condition is not stable-"

The doctor immediately stops when hr receives a cold glare from Jungkook.

"What do you mean by 'not stable'?" Jungkook asks in a cold voice without facing him as we all stop in front of the private elevator in the hospital, but Dr. Kim Jongin starts sweating bullets.

"M-Mr. Jeon, that-" The doctor's stuttering is cut off with the sound of ping, meaning that the lift has arrives at the floor.

But Jungkook doesn't budge, he stays rooted at the spot, directing his gaze towards the poor doctor.

"Mr. Je-Jeon, what Dr. Jung is saying is that uhh..Mrs. Wang has a bit of struggle to face-" The director doesn't get a chance to complete his sentence when Jungkook's hand stops him midway.

"I want the reports. Now!" Jungkook commands and the director immediately replies away, "Y-Yes, Mr. Jeon."

The senior doctors and the dean immediately scutter away like scaredy cats to their respective offices while Jungkook stands there with me and the director. "Mr. Jeon, why d-don't you wait in the VVIP room? I'll send the staff to serve you?" The director suggests but I see him shudder when Jungkook looks at him, clearly the former is thrown off guard with Jungkook's glare.

"I-I'll send all the doctors right away on the 9 th floor to report you, Mr. Jeon." The director tries to squeeze out a smile but awkwardly wipes it off when he is paid no mind by Jungkook, who has just entered the lift.

I follow him and stand in the opposite corner.

"Lisa." I glance up to see him gesturing me to stand beside him.

I obediently stand beside him with a space of 5 inches between us. I look down at the floor since I feel burned with his gaze on me.

Damn, it's hot.

Thankfully, his phone rings and he takes it out. He puts it on loudspeaker.

A male's voice fills the surroundings.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon." The other person greets politely and when he doesn't receive any response, he continues. "Mr. Jeon as per your order, all the shares of Wang Enterprises have dropped to the lowest of their prices. In short, Jackson Wang has gone bankrupt."