27. Excuses To Get Close

Lisa's POV

I love his touch.

As I think this, I turn to look at him to see him already staring at me. I quickly glance away and we both continue trudging down the trail. Soon enough, some deers come into our sight and we head over to them with only a high metallic fence separating us.

"Damn, they run fast." I muse as I see the deers running away. "They do." Jungkook agrees with me as he captures them sprinting.  "Let's move to other animals." He says as he puts his camera down while nodding to the front of the trail. "Yeah..." I trail off and wave at a little baby deer. "Bye lil deer!"

From my peripheral vision, I think I saw Jungkook looking at my interaction with the deer with maybe... amusement?

Lisa...stop dreaming, will you?

I shake my head at my silliness and follow my husband who is capturing random shots. It's been half an hour of us trudging into the zoo and till now we have had encounters with crocodiles, bears, peacocks, tigers, parrots and lions. I just observe him doing it, wondering that he likes photography. I just admire the way his hands grip onto the camera and the way the strap hangs around his toned neck, his fingers fixing the lens and the way his slender finger punches the button to click-

"Lisa..." I get out of my dazed state when I see the man who increases the pace of my heartbeat with in a second, standing in front of me with his hand waving in front of my face. "Uhh?" I utter, still in a daze as his handsome face lingers in front of me.

He looks to his left for a short second to then gaze back at me with an annoyed expression.

That...was hot as hell.

You are hella whipped for him.

Shut up, Lisa!

"I asked, are you okay? Do you maybe need something to eat? Or maybe feeling dehydrated?" He asks, showing some care for me, making me surprised at his act. "Uh? N-No, Ani! I am good..." I  trail off as I avert my eyes from his intense stare which leads him to mutter out an 'Okay' followed by us continuing our path down the trail.

20 minutes into walking, I glance at Jungkook who is looking at the tigers in front of him. "Jungkook...?" I call for him, a little awkwardly but nevertheless, he looks at me to put his attention away from the prancing predators.

"I w-wanted to ask s-something, can I?" I stutter, knowing damn well that I am going to get an answer that will leave a pang in my chest. But no, since I don't want to give up, I finally decide to let it out as I hope to try my luck.

"Hmm, what is it?" He asks as his unwavering gaze pierces into my eyes which, I am sure of, are currently showing the fear of certain rejection.

Lisa, you can do it!

I mentally pep talk to myself and finally decide to go for it.

"Can you be my friend?"

Third Person's POV

"Can you be my friend?" Lisa lets it all out in one go, not giving Jungkook a chance to comprehend her question.

"Will you repeat what you just blurted out?" Jungkook remarks and Lisa mentally facepalms herself.

Great Job, Lili! You gathered all the courage and the little pain in the ass you are, Lili, you just blurt it out in a second.

Wow! Just wow!

"Will you?" He repeats and Lisa looks around and then back at him who has a curious face.

"I want to be your friend." She huffs out.